What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dashocks water cooling with "The Vortex Solution"

Dashock

I think im gonna add another Rad on top of my case is the Thermochill rad really that much more better i dont mind the cost if its better this is gonna be for my next computer gonna buy those 6 -core Nehelam intel cpu probably unless AMD really woes me

Im gonna run both the gpu and northbridge as well im wondering i will only need one pump to handle the two rads and since i already have a reservoir on the swiftech rad i wont have to worry aboot liquid not gettin to the thermochill rad ?

Cptn Vortex

The Thermochills are pretty intense.... Put this way, a Dual 120mm Thermochill is about as good as a tripple 120mm Swiftec. Still though, the Swiftec tripple is cheaper. 1 pump is more than enough.

Dashock

then why dont yu recommend the Thermochill more then i mean i know in my situation i had no room for a reservoir so an intergrated res/rad would be best but i mean i know its a bit pricey but if more performance?

Cptn Vortex

$$. You can buy 3 of the Dual 120mm Swiftec rads for the price of a single Dual120mm Thermochill. If you have the money, I mean go nuts, buy the best there is. But 90% of the time people want best bang for the buck, which is where Swiftech is Strategically placed.

Dashock

this is a wacky idea but im gonna mount it on the top of the case colored in red and use a radbox to secure the rad i havent seen ayone do it like that? maybe its a bad i dea but i cannot see why not. Lol il also get a chance to fix my loop i just hope the new Intel chips come out soon. But yur right swiftech is a lot cheaper lol i hate not having projects and i dont wanna waste more money in my car lol

Last edited:

magictorch

SSwilson did a top mount with his older Lian Liu case..the pics are hidden away in the case pics or watercooled section somewhere. Ive been thinking along your lines too as I would like to watercool my next GPU..

Dashock

Thanx sswilson i wonder do yu think i could secure the rad with the Swiftech Radbox okay ? ill probabaly be using the Thermochill p120.2 rad i don't know if thats compatible?

sswilson

Staff member
It should work, but keep in mind that you'll be putting all of the weight on a single 120 mount vice 2. At the very least I'd get some oversized washers to spread the load over a larger portion of the case. (Especially since your case has verrrrryyyy thin metal)

Latest posts

Twitter