What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dashocks water cooling with "The Vortex Solution"

Dashock

Ohh and im wondering my motherboard is the Asus A8n-Sli deluxe i have several fans plugged straight into the motherboard via 3 pin connector yet i cannot see what rpm they are running at have i disabled something that is not letting me see it i wanna be able to see the rpm of these fans?

Dashock

nevermind i found out only the cpu and cha1 fan will show rpm anyways im gonna go hook up the 2 other fans and do some more cable management be back in 2 hours or so.

Dashock

Alright this is with 2 fans Idle temps are about 3-4 degrees down specifically on the cores and load aboot the same loads the first.

loadpushpullmd2.jpg

idlepushpullxh5.jpg

magictorch

Well 2oc under now but (a bit later so may have cooled down).....are you using MX-2? I think your temps are ok but I guess the trouble is the chip tops out before you can really make the WC shine...anyway it will be a hell of lot better than air over the summer:biggrin:

Dashock

Yep using MX-2 and honestly thinin it out is a lot harder on the cpu as its a bigger surface using the same methods as i did with AS5 anyways i just put a dab in the center and let the block spread it the block is tight on the cpu the motherboard actually was a little curved lol maybe i tightned it to much who knows

Dashock

I installed my Antec spot cool fan back to cooling my video card mofset and its doing a number on the motherboard cooling it by another 2 degrees down so thatss awesome i think this project is slowing coming to an end lol i wish i was below ambient on temps but like you said this chip just cannot go anymore further i have used up to 4.725 volts and managed to boot to 2.8ghz but its not prime stable i wonder if 1.5 volts will do it but how much electricity imma waisting bumping it up that much and i dont think it will be stable at that voltage either.

Dashock

duhh but i wont for awhile i wanted to cool my videocard lol i thought i almost screwed up my motherboard fan the northbridge when i ripped it apart some plastic was stuck on the bottom of the heatsink and the heatsink had sum thick sticker on it i ripped that apart then i sadded the block lol then cleaned the crap outta the block with alchol lol - i know people are screamin i was scared i screwed up the chip but applied sum Mx-2 and it booted up straight it runs a lot cooler for sure even when overclocked so was it worth it hell yes but was scary lol.

I will probbaly buy those Thermochill rads i wanna be able to have my cores to 10 degress celcius as some people can have them soo low but i know those are Intel chips dam amds have to run soo much hotter and i wish my cpu could givee me more.

Thanx again Mr Vortex

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
You cannot have a cpu temp lower than the ambiant temp, either under air or water.

Latest posts