What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dazmode News

Dazmode

Website
www.dazmode.com
^ Have you looked at Fed-Ex? The last few times I checked, they have rates $1-2 higher than Canada Post but a greatly superior service.
We have better leverage with UPS because we have account for 10 years with them. We also looked at Puro, but they offer less incentive too. All we need is build up volume and it will be ok.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Daz I thought I read here or on your site somewhere that you are trying to get some EK stuff that is not nickel-plated...is this correct? Or are you just looking to replace pieces of current products already purchased by folks to help them out?

SugarJ

Staff member
From the EK plating discussion thread:

Well, we will know soon....

In meanwhile I have already requested pricing for non-plated copper bottoms for entire catalogue. We can use this as fall back plan if there is no other choice to address that.
Copper blocks discolor over time, especially when handled without gloves, which has led to the demand for nickel-plated blocks.

Dazmode

Website
www.dazmode.com
Daz I thought I read here or on your site somewhere that you are trying to get some EK stuff that is not nickel-plated...is this correct? Or are you just looking to replace pieces of current products already purchased by folks to help them out?
Yes, I was thinking to try to get replacement copper bottoms for everybody in need IF worse case scenario happens (no RMA, life sucks and etc.)

Why ? Do you need spare for other reason? I can try to help.

SugarJ

Staff member
I think he was asking if you were bringing in copper versions of whole blocks, not just replacement parts.

Dazmode

Website
www.dazmode.com
I think he was asking if you were bringing in copper versions of whole blocks, not just replacement parts.
Yes, we always stoked on some bare copper versions. But it seems we will have to get a bit more soon, as a lot of people get scared of Ni-plated uncertainty. But this is easy: supply and demand balance -> just follow what people ask for.

I also forecast death of PT_Nuke and killcoils.

lowfat

Staff member
I also forecast death of PT_Nuke and killcoils.
I still can't see this being the problem. I never had the problem last year when I was running older EK nickle plated blocks, and I was still using PTNuke + silver at the time.

Plus the fact that there were people running straight Feser One through their loops w/ the same issues.