What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

DDR5 is Gonna Get Hot!

moocow

Oh don't get me wrong, if the price is right their non RGB memory is actually on my list to buy. I blame them the day Noctua goes RGB.

Izerous

Folding Team
I like the RGB honestly but I don't like the rainbow puke. I'll actually set it to say a slow color cycle (breathing for example). But there always have been watercooling options for memory. I know when I had the CH4-Extreme with full coverage waterblock on the motherboard itself I just about bought the ram cooler and I had HDD water blocks. I was at the point that I was just about out of things to liquid cool. (I also had a liquid cooled PSU).

I never did get the waterblock but I did have Corsairs ram based fan cooler for a while. It clipped onto the ram slot clips and had two tiny fans that pointed directly at the ram.

The air cooler was a lot like this one...

The reason i never did liquid cool the ram... but they were kinda ridiculous. The Koolance one was really nice and actually involved waterblocks going down the sides of the sticks but it meant each stick had it's own individual waterblock and had to take off heatsinks and hook up tubing to each individual stick. The EK was random block that just stuck across all 4 sticks in a 4 stick bank and barely made any contact.

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Almost everything in my pc has RGB, but I turned it all off. I go through phases where I want it on, and I want it stealth.
i did this with current hodgepodge nas lol i took the gskill royal ram out and it is dark AF. i look to the bakcto make sure its turned on lol otherwise id do the old way take some tin snips and crush the leds just enough they stop working.

Latest posts