What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dead Board?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Hi all I changed out the cmos battery as it always failed to save the bios settings and would always force me into bios it'll hold if there power isn't disconnected for long periods of time.

But today it won't boot the power buttons don't work the fp pins don't work it gets light but fails to start.

This the test bench x299 evga.

Attachments

• 1633450704270.png
    1633450704270.png
    812.9 KB · Views: 8

moocow

Try recovering the backup BIOS if it got 2 BIOS? Had similar problem with my old Z68 which I thought was dead dead. Wasn't until I read up on how to recover the backup BIOS that it booted back to life.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Replacing the old battery and running on a box instead of the streamcom BC1 testbench.

Well that's a first and going into my Notes on PC Gremlins the board works with the old battery on a box I'll move it over to bench see if it still Boots.

sswilson

Staff member
Replacing the old battery and running on a box instead of the streamcom BC1 testbench.

Well that's a first and going into my Notes on PC Gremlins the board works with the old battery on a box I'll move it over to bench see if it still Boots.

If putting it back onto the test bench brings back the issue, and there are no obvious chances of shorting you might have a broken trace that's being affected when it flexes a certain way on the bench.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Tested on my light for helmet uses same size and voltage. And working on the bench maybe the battery was causing it fail very odd.

Same issue with checksum error. But she back I'll just keep it plugged into the ups in the backup port+ surge protection.

Attachments

• 1633462428438.png
    1633462428438.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Twitter