What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dead Pixels

bobaban

So I bought a new LCD monitor, Acer AL2216WBD 22IN Widescreen Lcd Monitor Black 1680X1050 700:1 5MS Vga DVI-D Monitor.

But it had one dead pixel right out of the box! I don't know whether I should return it because I bought it online and it would be a lot of hassle. The dead pixel is just a few cm off center. What would you suggest I do?

I will use this comp for gaming and I hate seeing it when playing videos etc.

enaberif

So I bought a new LCD monitor, Acer AL2216WBD 22IN Widescreen Lcd Monitor Black 1680X1050 700:1 5MS Vga DVI-D Monitor.

But it had one dead pixel right out of the box! I don't know whether I should return it because I bought it online and it would be a lot of hassle. The dead pixel is just a few cm off center. What would you suggest I do?

I will use this comp for gaming and I hate seeing it when playing videos etc.

Check from who you bought it from what their return policy is because most manufacturesr won't return dead/stuck pixels if its less than 8.

This is why I don't buy LCDs on line.

M

Misoprostol

If you bought it from NCIX and you got their Zero Dead Pixel Guarantee, then it should be no problem. Otherwise, you're probably going to end up paying a restocking fee... :(

AkG

I got it from Direct Canada:sad:

IRC, directcanada and ncix are the same company. Phone 'em they may be able to help you. In the mean time you can try gently massaging the dead pixel. Especially, if by dead you mean "stuck" either way its worth a try :>

AkG

Mars

In the mean time you can try gently massaging the dead pixel.

I never thought this would work... until I got my shiny new 2407WFP-HC. I turn it on, and there's a bright pink pixel right in the middle of the screen. I poke it, and it disappears, haven't seen it since.

enaberif

I never thought this would work... until I got my shiny new 2407WFP-HC. I turn it on, and there's a bright pink pixel right in the middle of the screen. I poke it, and it disappears, haven't seen it since.

There is a difference between a stuck and a dead pixel! :)

AkG

Like I said, it doesn't do any harm to try. On my very first 19 inch LCD I had a stuck pixel... that was stuck in the fully closed position...it looked just like a real "dead" pixel but wasn't. A quick poke in its eye and it decided to straighten up and fly right :>

YMMV, but even if it is all dead, gently poking it can't hurt it.

AkG

Last edited:

BALISTX

My sister-in-laws 19" KDS LCD monitor has a dead pixel and I tried massaging it, still no go. But it's a red colour, but you can't notice it when applications are running. She has a Star Trek wallpaper and the dead pixel just looks like a red star among white ones LOL

Latest posts