What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dead RAID Card?

moocow

I purchased a LSI 9260-4i from another member in BST and been using it for about 1 year. However, I'm starting to see errors relating to the PCI-E port that's it's plugged into. Downgrading the firmware didn't seem to help as the computer continue to BSOD on me. Today, the computer won't even POST with the card in it. However, I'm not 100% sure that it's the RAID card since my USB 3.0 expansion card in another PCI-E slot reported as "not enough resource" to run properly after pulling the RAID card.

I haven't done any memory test or plug the RAID card in another machine yet. Any ideas?

Master_Shake_

gonna have to try a different computer to be certain.

i have had a 9260 die on me as well.

it was used and cheap but it still sucked.

the news isn't all bad though.

9261-8i's on ebay are cheap as heck right now.

9261-8i | eBay

moocow

Well I think the card is dead. Moved it to another computer and I'm getting either "Adapter not responding" or a blank screen with a flashing cursor. So If I get cards in the same family, the RAID array should be recoverable right?

Master_Shake_

Well I think the card is dead. Moved it to another computer and I'm getting either "Adapter not responding" or a blank screen with a flashing cursor. So If I get cards in the same family, the RAID array should be recoverable right?

yep.

it should see a foreign config and then import it.

Latest posts