What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Decent Pinball pack that isn't FX3? (Ultimately ended up with FX3)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Nice work sswilson! I've had one of those controllers on my want list, I might actually make one now. I think I'll cut one on my CNC though, it should be a little quicker. :)

sswilson

Staff member
Nice work sswilson! I've had one of those controllers on my want list, I might actually make one now. I think I'll cut one on my CNC though, it should be a little quicker. :)

What would you cut it out of? Plexi or lexan?

How heavy would a MFD controller like that be?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'd cut it out of MDF or birch plywood. Something that size should be around 6-8 lbs.

sswilson

Staff member
Spanning both the decades and the digital divide, some pinball truisms still apply.....

2 or 3 times FA is still FA!!!! :)

sswilson

Staff member
3 new Williams games released yesterday. Probably could have waited for a sale of some kind, but sub-$12 isn't a terrible ask for 3 tables if you ask me.

sswilson

Staff member
Bah.....

It's working "ok" for me but since installing the new games , my FPS @ QHD res has dropped from maxing out @ 240 FPS down to 100 FPS for the new tables, and 150 FPS for the old ones.

It's a completely unsubstantiated theory, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest crappy console port over to PC for whatever backend engine they've updated for the new williams tables.

Skippman

I will say I like the multimonitor support for the backglass. Your table orientation reminds me of a cabinet I got to play at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. It's a vertical pinball machine. I don't mean like pachinko either. It was called Pinball Circus and looked like it was basically built in a standard arcade game cabinet.

sswilson

Staff member
Wow, that's quite a rig! Looks like a pinball machine mated with "the claw".... :)

I like the back glass as well, but it's a bit of a pain to set up under Pinball FX3, and for some reason Zen Studios doesn't offer the backglass images, you've got to go hunting for them yourself and then figure out what the naming convention is supposed to be.

Skippman

We have a Jungle Queen machine that REALLY needs the playfield refinished. I've priced out my top 3 machines (Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Midievil Madness) and I can't find any of them for less than about $5K in good condition. It really makes a setup like yours seem like a perfect alternative.

How do you handle things like bumps? Is there a sensor in your control panel or do you just not have that option?

Latest posts