What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Defective RTX 3070 and now computer won't start?

draemn

So DDU didn't fix anything. I'm very tempted to try a BIOS flash on this card, but should I wait for shitty gigabyte support to get back to me before doing that?

It's so weird that I have a problem with the windows start menu that seems to be related to this GPU? It's also so weird that when I first start my computer, the GPU acts 100% fine.

sswilson

Staff member
What's the status of this? Did you find the issue and/or get a response back from Gigabyte WRT RMA?

draemn

What's the status of this? Did you find the issue and/or get a response back from Gigabyte WRT RMA?
Still waiting on a response from gigabyte. Their support is just as painful as everyone says.

I'm hoping they will let me try some software fixes at home like flashing the BIOS instead of just saying to RMA it.

rjbarker

As someone else asked....did you do a complete dump of all vn related drivers and software (including nv Geforce Experience and nv HD audio....including ab ....utilize Driver Cleaner, followed by CCleaner Registry clean up...etc.....assuming you did all that and didnt just uninstall nv Driver thru Control Panel then re-install....

draemn

I sent it off to gigabyte RMA and am hoping for the best now. It is very weird as when I disabled the display adapter in "device manager" with windows, the fans would stop spinning, which makes it seem like something with the card and drivers is the killer combination. I tried 3 different versions of nvidia drivers with no luck.

The most I did was using DDU tool for uninstalling drivers in safe mode. I did not do anything with the registry, etc. It's very odd as I have no problem with a different 3070 in the computer, just the gigabyte one.

draemn

So Gigabyte updated my RMA to say the product was repaired on Feb 19 (today is the 18th....) and that they tested and found no problem. What can I do now if it they send it back and I keep having the exact same problems?

Should I be expected to change my computer hardware to make their card work with my configuration when an ASUS 3070 works without any problems in the same computer? The lack of being able to have a conversation has to be the most frustrating experience with their support & RMA system.

sswilson

Staff member
If it comes back and still doesn't work for you, I'd strongly suggest finding somebody local who can test it on completely different hardware.

That said..... was it "repaired" and now tests fine, or was it tested with NFF? (no fault found).

draemn

If it comes back and still doesn't work for you, I'd strongly suggest finding somebody local who can test it on completely different hardware.

That said..... was it "repaired" and now tests fine, or was it tested with NFF? (no fault found).
It says nothing was found after testing in multiple configurations.

rjbarker

^^^ As Mr wilson pointed out....if it fails to work properly in your machine....find somewhere (friend or local PC shop) you can test it....if it works fine in another set up but not yours the only thing I could think of would be clean install windows (its a reach though).....look more closely at your PSU.

Latest posts

Twitter