What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Defective RTX 3070 and now computer won't start?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I had a similar Gigabyte RMA experience with a motherboard. Isolated it to the board (with the help of @chrisk) sent it in for RMA, they said 'nope, no problem!'... I still to this day will not buy a GB product.

Still...Sucks bro.

Coach

I had a similar Gigabyte RMA experience with a motherboard. Isolated it to the board (with the help of @chrisk) sent it in for RMA, they said 'nope, no problem!'... I still to this day will not buy a GB product.

Still...Sucks bro.
I too am no fan of Gigabyte... or Seasonic

Coach

Slightly off topic, what's your experience with Seasonic RMA or is it a problem with their products?
Their RMA department would not return any of my emails/messages and so I was SOL. It was one time and I am sure I am the exception, just do not expect me to "choose" them again.

djbrad

Well, if Gigabyte does not want to exchange it, and it is not stable in windows, could you mine on it in a linux os?

draemn

Still...Sucks bro.
Yeah, I was already on the fence about buying Gigabyte and I only got this one because of the size and looks (the evga black cards are just ugly)... I will never buy gigabyte again if this is how the experience is going to end up. They're making me waste hours of time and money just to get a black box "nope, not our problem."

I don't even know what to do at this point. I've submitted another ticket with their "support" that took ~2 weeks to reply to the last ticket I sent in with "submit an RMA or contact memory express."

draemn

Well, if Gigabyte does not want to exchange it, and it is not stable in windows, could you mine on it in a linux os?
No idea. I'm not totally sure what is causing the problem... but it seems to be related to something heating up in the card, but not the overall temperature of the card. I had the card working just fine for ~1-2h when it came in cold from being dropped off by the courier and the temperature at which the fan went bonkers wasn't even the highest reported temp.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
No idea. I'm not totally sure what is causing the problem... but it seems to be related to something heating up in the card, but not the overall temperature of the card. I had the card working just fine for ~1-2h when it came in cold from being dropped off by the courier and the temperature at which the fan went bonkers wasn't even the highest reported temp.
I mean, at this point its probably a lost cause if GB wont actually support you. I'd look in to baking it as a last shot?

If that doesnt work, RIP.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I mean, at this point its probably a lost cause if GB wont actually support you. I'd look in to baking it as a last shot?

If that doesnt work, RIP.

I would also consider Consumer Protection action too, if possible. I know it can be a long road but for the cost of a GPU of these days it might be a good choice.
Normally, I give a company a few chances, but Gigabyte has (in my eyes thus far) a horrible track record. From my Older AM3 board, then an X58 board. Having friends without a working Laptop for Weeks / Months before they even consider an RMA. Its crazy.

-ST

draemn

The saga continues... at least once you have your ticket answered by gigabyte the first time they typically respond within a day for all follow up communication on that ticket (versus the ~2 weeks it takes to get an initial answer).