What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dell H310 drivers/software

Shadowarez

i know these are old cards are not supported on newer os's no prob but what software do we use to actually manage them in say windows server 2008-2019 i found drivers no prob but looking for something to configure these cards.

moocow

I'm using MegaRaid Storage Manager for my H710P. Looks like you need to figure out what the LSI equivent is and then search on Broadcom's website to get to the driver and Megaraid manager download page.

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Did a search it's using the Dell but can try some google Fu lol see what I can find to get this working the odd 9267 lsi I bought outright will. Not work but it came with a cache cade module for $35 guess I can try it on a supported card from the 9200 series

moocow

From my search on Google, I came across this article.

When I plug in SAS 9211-8i at Broadcom, all I can find are user guides but no product page. According to the article, Lenovo's M1115 is also based on the SAS2008 card like the H310. You could try getting the Megaraid software from Lenovo and see if it see the card.

JD

Staff member
Yeah I wouldn't bother using the RAID on it, likely software RAID would be a better choice and just use it as a HBA. Something like FreeNAS or unRAID should do if you have 64GB of RAM.

JD

Staff member
You should be able to cross flash to the LSI firmware I think?

Since I had to hunt for my 9211-4i card recently, here's the 8i link: https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search?pg=Legacy+Products&pf=Legacy+Host+Bus+Adapters&pn=SAS+9211-8i+Host+Bus+Adapter&pa=&po=&dk=

I believe you'll want this: 9211-8i_Package_P20_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows and use the "IT" firmware.

Shouldn't need any software after that, and I'm pretty sure all Windows Server versions have LSI driver support built-in.