What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dell monitors

Bujanx

I must say, I know dell doesn't make the best monitors (depending on which panel you get it could be excellent or just decent) but wow is their RMA policy awesome.

My 19" lcd I bought last year (Actually 1 year and 1 month ago excatly) died two nights ago so I called Dell up fearing that it was past warranty and I was shit out of luck. Fortunately the nice lady on the other end of the line informed me all monitors (unless refurb) come with a 3 year RMA policy for any defects! 24 hours later I had a new monitor (newer revision of my old one).

G

Nice glad it worked out for you.
Dell does make some pretty nice monitors.

Babrbarossa

Yeah- if there's one positive thing I do hear about Dell, it's that their monitors are good. (never owned one though)

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I've only owned Dell LCD monitors (except one Viewsonic VP930b and one Viewsonic VX922) and I have been nothing but satisfied with their products and especially their service.

Last year I bought a 1907FP and it came with an AUO panel instead of the Samsung one I wanted. I called Dell Customer Support (the one in Canada) and they replaced the monitor THREE TIMES until I got the Samsung panel.

The trick with Dell monitors is to do your research as it might be hit and miss with which panel you get. :ph34r:

Bujanx

It all depends on who makes the panel for the monitor. Dell uses panels from a bunch of different producers, Samsung, LG, Phillips, SMG, and AUO. I guess they just buy them in bulk from who evers got them cheapest.

What they post on the site as the specs are the minimum specs the panel can be (ie mine is supposed to have 500:1 contrast ratio) but I got lucky and got one with a Samsung panel (do a quick factory reset to see which panel you have) and it's actually 1000:1.

Scratch

When I was looking around at 24" monitors it was the Dell that came in with the best resolution response time and black/white spectrum.
I've had mine almost a year now and I have even seen newer smaller monitors that are unable to compare.
When I buy my next monitor it will definitely be from Dell

Mars

I'm seriously considering a dell lcd. 22" more than likely. $350 shipped here in Toronto.

I just ordered the cheapo 22" Dell LCD for the $350 shipped price. It's not expected to ship for another 2 weeks though...

b1lk1

I buy nothing but Dell LCD's and I find the quality amazing. I too just ordered the 22" with an expected ship date of June 1, but I also find that they usually ship them ALOT faster than they say.

Deathspawner

Dell monitors are great but... it's too bad they don't have more monitors that use the 2707WFPs styling. The brushed aluminum look is great.

Latest posts