What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dell Optiplex 790 gamer

MARSTG

I have a Dell Optiplex 790 that has been modified for gaming. The HDD bays on the bottom were removed to allow installation of GPUs longer than 9". The PSU has been upgraded from the original 300W to a modular EVGA 1000 G3 80+ Gold. I also updated the BIOS to the most recent version, A22 and installed a new CR 2032 battery.
So the configuration is :

DELL Optiplex 790

Core i7 2600 non k
16 GB RAM DDR3 1600 4 x 4 GB
Crucial MX 500 250 GB SSD
USB 3.0 card, as upgrade, natively, the system lacks usb 3.0
Optical DVD Writer
Zotac GTX 970 Mini gpu
EVGA 1000 G3 80+ Gold modular PSU
external 2TB HDD enterprise grade, 7200 RPM
Win 7 pro COA, I have installed Win 10 pro with it

The system is super quiet, ( i am running Folding at Home on the GPU ), most of the noise is done at startup. Would I gain more if I would part the system out ?
Thank you!

sswilson

Staff member
I strongly suspect you'd get more if you parted it out. OTOH, local kijiji listings would probably put it up for somewhere around $850 (whether anybody gives them that kind of cash for them is another story).

MARSTG

I am parting it out, listed on kijiji and FB Marketplace , supposed to meet today to sell the GPU and PSU. Will be going for one of those corporate mini PC.

Latest posts

Twitter