What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dell t7400 - 8 pin problem

Hi, I have a dell precision t7400 which uses a special propietary PSU.
I wish to use my r9 290x which requires one 8 pin and one 6 pin.. however, the 8 pin connector on my PSU does not fit the 8 pin connector on my GPU!! I read it is not for gpus but rather riser boards so..

Ideas??

supaflyx3

A R9 290x will be heavily bottleneck in a T7400, you'd be better off upgrading to something newer

Would it be appropriate to move this to the power supply section or should I just make a new thread there

supaflyx3

I would advise against it. That PSU only provides 18A per 12v rail. The 290x can draw up to 25a, there's a high chance you'd blow your PSU and video card.

KaptCrunch

use at own risk due to fire, shortted hardware

I would advise against it. That PSU only provides 18A per 12v rail. The 290x can draw up to 25a, there's a high chance you'd blow your PSU and video card.
OP still hell bent to run that card on dell precision t7400

disclaimer: not responsible for fire hazard, if not protect all connections from shorts (killing hardware)

can use another PSU dedicated to the R9 with Dell PSU by the green (16) and a black (15) wire together with matching colour wire on dedicated PSU plug

Last edited:

enaberif

OP still hell bent to run that card on dell precision t7400

disclaimer: not responsible for fire hazard, if not protect all connections from shorts (killing hardware)

can use another PSU dedicated to the R9 with Dell PSU by the green (16) and a black (15) wire together with matching colour wire on dedicated PSU plug
I made such an adapter and it isn't hard but you need to definitely know your stuff.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter