What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Design Flaw In Intel 6 Series Chipset Halts Manufacturing and Recalls Imminent

Delavan

You know, I was hoping to jump in the waggon soon. I think it will wait a bit:) Now only hope this is not going to put the price up. But one sure thing, many people wont buy 1156 and 1366. Thx intel.

Well, not a whole lot of "enthusiasts" will buy Intel right now..Sandy? Not the right time... 1156 and 1366, well, not after seeing Sandy's OC benches results....

Intel will be hurting for a little bit...and AMD should Jump on the occasion to speed up their Bulldozer launch (if mobos are 100% operational that is...)

chrisk

Folding Captain
Folks like us who switch boards all the time might still get a SB board (if we can find someone selling them), as we often switch hardware all the time. We could easily get a board replacement later in the spring or even summer.

But for folks who build rigs for others, I would not touch SB systems until the bug is fixed. This will drive some sales to AMD for sure.

...and before the AMD fanbois gloat too much, retailers will have to mark up all their merchandise to cover labour and such for replacements if Intel refuses to cover all costs. This hurts consumers in the short term, as we have these costs passed along.

Delavan

Hey, it's sad for early adopters, but this pic is kinda funny...so sad for the poor sabertooth...

905FB62F-F1D2-4577-88D756ACD6F571CF.JPG

gingerbee

lmao that funny really a good chance fro amd to get really back in the game if dozer is even decent just because of all the people who will worry about buying sandy now.

frontier204

Yay I'm only using the SATA3 ports on my board, although my SSD is running SATA2 off the SATA3 port. The only time I use SATA2 is to do my once per two months image backup, so I doubt I'll hit that issue. 2 years +40 days ago with my first build I felt burned for getting an older gen part (Phenom 9950 vs Phenom II 940); this time I buy SB right after it is released and I get hit by this :doh:
Anyway I won't rush to RMA my board - this rig's gonna fold 'till it drops :clap:

FiXT

Hall of Fame

BigDogg

What is the potential damage of this ? I just had my P67-UD7 go down on me and will not boot. Now it did happen while I was flashing a backup bios but my system now just goes into a continual reboot (doesn't stay on for more than 2 seconds). Will this physically damage your hard drives or just the chipset will degrade?

Delavan

Don't worry people. AMD will be more than happy to adopt ALL of you.............:rofl:

Well, that would be the right timing for AMD to leak a few Bulldozer benchies!!! And/or pics...

lowfat

Staff member
I like how NCIX shipped my P8P67 Pro an hour after Linus made the post on the NCIX forums saying they were no longer selling them.

Last edited:

Latest posts