What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

'Deux'

Shadowmeph

to keep folding and get the bigadvantage have to have at least 16cores lol kind of figures I decided to copy allot of this build and when most my parts arrive they change it to 16cor min lol

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I got a weird one; I taught I read somewhere that running high speed ram would help with folding. When I swapped the 6128s for the single 6272, I also swapped the Kingston 1333 ram sticks for Gskill 1600 schticks. Now, a few % into this 1st 6904, the tpf is worse by 37 seconds.

1. I'm surprised since the chip has the same number of cores as the dual setup, but is faster by 100MHz.
2. I'm surprised since this 6272 BD can't beat the 6128s. Then again, is it really a surprise?
3. I'm surprised that the ram speed does not actually make a difference. Is there a setting that's not optimized? The schticks are recognized in the BIOS as 1600MHz.

BIOS SS:

7034ef3688bb8194.jpg

MARSTG

isn't the memory supposed to work in ganged mode? like in 128 bit transfer mode?

Shadowmeph

I sure wished my system would do atleast as much as my main box instead of 5k

Zink

2. I'm surprised since this 6272 BD can't beat the 6128s. Then again, is it really a surprise?
The results so far show that a 16 core BD is about equal to a 12 core magny if they have the same clocks. The BD Opterons have turbo so that makes up for the crappy IPC and allows them to match the last generation chips while using more power to do it. Your two 6128 have 16 of the better last gen cores so I'm actually very surprised that your BD ship is able to come so close. There's no way you can tell how much of a difference your ram is making with such different CPUs.

Shadowmeph

Well when ever my other NH-U9DO A3 shows up I am going to do a format and install Linux instead of running a VMware fah. I was reading about thekraken and they where talking about BFS, what is BFS?