What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

'Deux'

MARSTG

Will Deux in it's current configuration be able to process -bigadv after January 2012?

CoolHandL

3.0 - with the upcoming changes to Bigadv do you see any concerns for Deux? I ask because your build is my inspiration for a 2P high end folding machine, it seems now that it may not be able to produce.... Also I see Alpine is selling off his 2x 6128's..Im still planning on Folding no matter what, not going to jump ship.. any recommendations? Id like to stick with the G34 Platform. but im unsure how i should proceed with my purchase plan. do i go 4P with 4 6128's to be safe? If the price of the 61xx 12 core P's dropped i could go 2P still.. Just when i thought I had everything figured out, a crap load of variables get tossed into the mix, along with speculation.

MARSTG

He said it should be fine. a 6904 unit has a preferred deadline of 5.4 days and that 2P platform completes it in 3.5 days. so it should be fine. Even if they reduce the time with 25% it will still be ok. If they half it however you will miss the deadline and just go on SMP. Rules will change all the time so is difficult to say what will be from one year now. Worst case scenario you will have a hell of a folder for SMP.

CoolHandL

that's the thing, I already have 2 SMP folders, was looking at getting into some heavy duty hardware. I figure if im taking the plunge into 2p/4p territory it should be for some serious high end folding, otherwise i can save money and get a quad core Sandy and SMP fold.

MARSTG

well then, it is for sure that the rules will only get tougher so if you are prepared I would say go future proof and go 4P directly. Seems the only logical choice.

Shadowmeph

well then, it is for sure that the rules will only get tougher so if you are prepared I would say go future proof and go 4P directly. Seems the only logical choice.
I kind of wish now that I saved for a 4p instead of buying my 2p board.
Now peeps are going to be saying " 2p or not 2p, that is the question" :haha:

Latest posts