What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

'Deux'

Zink

Well when ever my other NH-U9DO A3 shows up I am going to do a format and install Linux instead of running a VMware fah. I was reading about thekraken and they where talking about BFS, what is BFS?
I think BFS is another scheduler for linux that happens to work a bit better for fah.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
The results so far show that a 16 core BD is about equal to a 12 core magny if they have the same clocks. The BD Opterons have turbo so that makes up for the crappy IPC and allows them to match the last generation chips while using more power to do it. Your two 6128 have 16 of the better last gen cores so I'm actually very surprised that your BD ship is able to come so close. There's no way you can tell how much of a difference your ram is making with such different CPUs.
Hot damn... but then again, the rig with a single chip is puilling less than 200w, under full load, which is ~70w less than the dual 6128s. Now, I wonder about that 'Turbo' setting. I don't remember seeing this in the BIOS...

isn't the memory supposed to work in ganged mode? like in 128 bit transfer mode?
No idea. Which setting would that be?

Your BIOS is right 3.0, assuming you have ACPI SRAT enabled for NUMA support and are running thekraken. Does the 6272's IMC support DDR-1600?
NUMA is fine, and BIOS shows the RAM as 1600.

Well when ever my other NH-U9DO A3 shows up I am going to do a format and install Linux instead of running a VMware fah. I was reading about thekraken and they where talking about BFS, what is BFS?
BFS is used only for single CPU Linux setups. That could be my problem, going for dual chips to a single one...

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Since BFS was mentionned and never installed, I did some mods. I copied the fah folder files to a new folder, except TheKraken, the work folder, the queue.dat file and the A5 Core. I installed BFS (the scheduler) and started folding with that new fah folder. Obviously, a 6901 was initially downloaded... just like my 4p is folding ATM.

Output? Exactly twice the tpf. 10:01 for the 4p, and 20:07 for the 6272... so Interlagos is a failure when it comes down to tpf performance. It wins in the heat and power consumption deptartment though.

Now, do I order a second 6272?