What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D - NB fan help

Lpfan4ever

There's so many sections this could go in, so, I closed my eyes and picked one :bleh:

As of yesterday, the tiny NB fan on my Ultra-D (S939, ancient thing) sounds like a lawnmower. It's clearly on it's last legs and I need to find a replacement. The problem is, it's directly under the PCI-e slot for my video card, so I need a low profile cooler. The second problem is I measured the distance between the holes and ended up with 52mm. I can't find anything (in my very short search time) with that mounting size, let alone one that's low profile.

Any ideas on what can be done?

_dangtx_

Banned
trim that enzotech? also there were some active...10 dollar a piece..forgot what theyre called, look up ncix for cooler+nb or so.

or......time to have fu nwith x6? *devil*

Lpfan4ever

or......time to have fu nwith x6? *devil*
You have no idea how bad I want to just say eff it and get an x6, but my wallet is currently screaming at me for being so empty. :whistle:

As for the Enzotech, I've had one before and I don't think there's enough space on the mounting piece to drill a hole. If I HAD to do that, I'd probably have to cut off the further most corner piece and then drill down into it. I kinda just want something I can slap on and go.

sswilson

Staff member
If you can dig up the old DFI-Street forums (they're still archived on the new website they moved over to) there is a standard replacement heatsink/cooler that folks always used. don't remember what the name is though.

If you can't find it, I'll have a look tonight when I get home after work. (on my break at work now).

Lpfan4ever

If you can dig up the old DFI-Street forums (they're still archived on the new website they moved over to) there is a standard replacement heatsink/cooler that folks always used. don't remember what the name is though.

If you can't find it, I'll have a look tonight when I get home after work. (on my break at work now).
Ugh, you actually want me to go to DFI's website? I'll be back in 15 minutes when the home page loads.:doh:

But I'll try to see what I can find. I googled for an answer, but I couldn't find anything specific to the Ultra-D last night.

_dangtx_

Banned
thats it, evercool. me and my memory :p

funny thing is these have been sold for a few years, didnt know theres still stock/need/market for them lol!

vulcan500rider

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter