What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

phoenixrage

I need you to check me out too if you don't mind.

Frodo - Community - Diablo III

I thought I got some good gear over the weekend to boost myself as I was dying way to much. But I dunno I'm still not satisfied.

Any help is appreciated on what I should go for and get but ya I'll link you first to make it easier.

Add me folks! :) jaali#1197
1st, put the biggest emerald you can afford into that manticore.

2nd, get a socketed helm.. that way you can put in an amethyst for the % life bonus.

3rd, both your rings should have crit chance on it. and same for your amulet.

and lastly, those lacunis are nice for IAS, but lack a main stat and crit chance, going to a rare one will probably give you better DPS and more vit & A.R. I'd also pick up an Inna's Favor, they are relatively cheap, and that'll get you the set bonus for more dex.

phoenixrage

yea, my farming partner used to be a skorn/rend barb.. but he switched to whirlwind so we could do ubers.

slippy

for farming, CM wizard is not that great.. archon wizards are best, and only at low MP levels to keep up the archon timer. CM wizards now are just good for uber battles. I've been using a DH as a main since 1.03, so that's my speedy farm character, and my CM wizard is for uber battles, or high MP level key farming.
Thanks, I'll look into an archon build.

phoenixrage

Zenomorph - Community - Diablo III

This is my main. I can farm Act3 easily but the damage is only 44k which seems low. What do you guys think, any suggestion? many TIA.
you need similar weapons (stats wise), but with sockets, so you can put emeralds in for added crit damage. That'll bump your DPS up a bit.

your crit chance is decent, and your resists are good, but your armor rating is a bit on the low side. After you get those stats back up, you can upgrade your rings to ones with more crit chance and crit damage and some desired stats (i.e. physical resists, dex etc).

I'd swap the emerald in the helm and put in a ruby for XP bonus, so you can level up faster and just get the gold find naturally through paragon levels. I'd swap the cindercoat out for something with higher armor, and similar stats, maybe w/ sockets depending on the stats.

Have you tried the sweeping wind build? I'd also suggest swapping the mantra over to either Mantra of Healing w/ the rune that boosts resists, or do Mantra of Conviction/Overawe to boost DPS since that debuffs nearby enemies.

A good offhand weapon is a Won Kim Lau if you go with a sweeping wind build for the % damage bonus to skills that deal lightning damage.

trayton

Website
www.exegaming.org
Hey got my first hellring last night (and I was tired but pretty sure phoenixrage played with me haha).

Thanks man and hey if you can give me specific items I should search for on the AH that would be cool cause there are so many damn items I have no idea what to look for (ring, amulet, helm)

I really want to get the highest grade emerald but Holy Christ its expensive to make those (i presume they never drop eh?) All I ever get is the square gem's.

I got my first hellring last night but I asked some people and they said it's not that great.

I can do one more infernal machine tonight (dropped so much money last night ugh).

I still want to upgrade or hope for a good manticore drop (dual socket) with good stats!

BTW I don't know what half the terms or stats mean.

Vitality - Life right?
Dex - Speed ?
Str - Strength (duh)

Also you mentioned IAS what is that?

phoenixrage

yea, anything above the ones that drop can only be crafted.

for a while the top gems were relatively cheap.. they kind of are right now, as its cheaper to buy than it is to craft all the way up to that level.

IAS = increased attack speed, so it takes the weapon's rated attack speed, and adds to the multiplier of it.
STR = adds to armor rating for all classes, for barbs, it also is the main stat for damage.
Dex = main stat for monks/DH, and also affects the character's dodge rate.
Int = main stat for WD/Wiz, and every 10 points of int = 1 all-resist stat. (its not worth it for the other 3 classes to go heavy on intelligence stat since all these stats are on a diminishing returns system).

Last edited:

muse108dc

thanks pheonix, ill have to look at a unity soon.

I've started collecting inferno machines with the intent to get hellfire so if anyone is interested in doing uber runs later today mp6 or possibly higher feel free to add me Dostro#1170 I think is me.

Twitter