What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

Soultribunal

Staff member
One other thing I forgot to touch on, the Physics are amazing.
And the amount of things you can destroy in the enviroment are incredible.

Nice touches,

-ST

Omega_Phoenix

It seems the way things kind of got split up are as follows:

Monk: Assassin Martial Arts and Paladin Auras
Wizard: Is more or less the Sorceress. Having spells that cost nothing is a VERY nice touch. Always hated being short on mana, or carrying so many mana potions you end up dying.
Witch Doctor: Seems like a nice cross between the Necromancer and Druid. Can summon minions to fight by his side and can use hexes and curses. Also has some nice elemental attacks. No more "Oh spit, this thing is poison immune!"
Demon Hunter: Bowskills from the Amazon mixed with Assassin Traps. A very nice mix, can be played offensively or defensively. The fact that the Demon Hunter has 2 seperate resources for spells is very cool - Hatred is a fast regenerating offensive skill resource, whereas Discipline is a smaller pool, slow regenerating, and used for traps/buffs/defensive maneuvers.
Barbarian: is a Barbarian. Even sounds like the D2 Barb. Won't be able to see Whirlwind or anything like that in the Beta due to the lv13 cap.

Omega_Phoenix

I'm beginning to wonder exactly what the mods are doing on the Beta Forums - they've redirected posts (including one of mine) that they feel aren't bugs to the Tech Support forum (and let me tell you, mine is a bug, trust me), they have addressed issues that are very low priority in my opinion, and they have completely left major issues that everyone is posting about at the sidelines with not even so much as a "Yeah we're looking into it"

Typical blizz.... :mad:

thorn

Haven't played the wizard yet, but I have enjoyed the other classes. Not sure which class I'll play first when it comes out. I wonder if the beta will expand to include runes, or whatever they are going to call it, that modify the skills.

Omega_Phoenix

I wonder if the beta will expand to include runes, or whatever they are going to call it, that modify the skills.
Knowing Blizz, probably not, but it would be wise to implement them so they know if any rune/skill combinations are broken as opposed to the forums being flooded with complaints about "OMGZORz my CRIMSN RUNE DOSNT WORK WIT RAPID FIRE!!!!11"

We shall see. *evil Mr. Burns hand gesture*

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm beginning to wonder exactly what the mods are doing on the Beta Forums - they've redirected posts (including one of mine) that they feel aren't bugs to the Tech Support forum (and let me tell you, mine is a bug, trust me), they have addressed issues that are very low priority in my opinion, and they have completely left major issues that everyone is posting about at the sidelines with not even so much as a "Yeah we're looking into it"

Typical blizz.... :mad:
As I've said before, wait till they allow us to fully tweak our graphics or acually use our PhysX and all the issues the game will show.

It will be typical "Your computer is broke, our programming works perfectly fine".

Its Blizz...

The only thing more asanine is Valve launch dates.

-ST

JJThomp

I beg to differ. Ever heard Blizzard tell you something will happen "Soon"?
lol on LoL (Riot Games) people always joke at the "Soon" reference, some stealth characters are just gimped because they are making a "stealth remake" that has been coming Soon for the better part of a year and a half.

Soon is just gaming company lingo for "leave us alone".

Arinoth

Staff member
One thing you do have to give blizzard is that they are usually quick with patching issues in their games that are full release, unlike other companies it would seem (directly referencing MMOs but applies for most their games).

Sure their actual game releases are "whenever it's ready", but whenever they do release a product it is well polished with little issues. Those issue that do occur are normally fixed relatively quickly.

Twitter