What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

ultraman7k

So far no real issues with down time. Hit 23 on my DH yesterday after a solid 6 hour sitting with a friend.

Barb = OP

But this game is so much fun...

DKcounty007

This game is treating me very nicely, running high on my 3 years old laptop with no problem. Lvl 18 Demon Hunter, stacking up on Dex for maximum damage right now.

sswilson

Staff member
finally got in an hour or so with a barb... looks great, and it's kinda cool hearing the background music from the original Diablo, but I'm wondering if it's just going to be a full out button masher...

Are there any choices to be made on stats, or are they all determined by the system like a console game power up? If so, I can't say I'm overly impressed.

Pabz0r545

Are there any choices to be made on stats, or are they all determined by the system like a console game power up? If so, I can't say I'm overly impressed.

It's definitely a button masher. And no, no stat choices while leveling. Most of your "stat customization" will come from your gear choices.

Cheakamus

You can choose the active and passive skills when you level up but not Strength, Intelligence, Vitality, dexterity since there's not any points to distribute.

sswilson

Staff member
It's definitely a button masher. And no, no stat choices while leveling. Most of your "stat customization" will come from your gear choices.

That's pretty disapointing then. If it's just a straight out masher / treasure hunt, I suspect it'll get a single playthrough and then go back on the shelf. I never was a fan of the standard console button masher where the cut scenes were the best thing about the game, and that's my early impression(s).

As it stands.... worth the $60, but unless there's a game-changing DLC A-La DII expansion, I can't see it having too many legs for me, which is a pity as I put umpteen billion hours into single player (on B-Net) runs with DII expansion.

You can choose the active and passive skills when you level up but not Strength, Intelligence, Vitality, dexterity since there's not any points to distribute.

That's kinda what I'm wondering so maybe there is hope after all. With only an hour or so into the game, I'm not being given choices on the skills I'm getting... it's basically saying "here's what we're giving you, click on the icon to activate it". I'm hoping that changes as the game progresses.

Pabz0r545

My guess is that on Hell/Inferno mode it will become less of a button masher and more of a strategic action RPG. I'm really hoping it will become that way because to tell you the truth I don't find 4 players all that fun cuz I can pretty much choose to spam any single spell I chose while with 3 others. And I can't tell what the hell is going on or who is what and where is when and who is killing what and what anything is LOL.

I think it's all in how you want to play it and how much fun you choose to have with it. I see my SC2 friends playing and how they are acting and from day 1 they turned it into a level grind/item grind. To me that was not fun and I have tried to get out of playing with them as much as possible. I like to explore. Take my time and soak up some of the beautiful scenery. Read every piece of lore and listen to the voice actors as much as I can. I'm definitely taking my time with it and I feel like I'm having 10x as much fun as they are because they don't even know what's going on in the game. All they care about is OMG L00t!

Latest posts

Twitter