What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

sswilson

Staff member
Patch notes are up....

Diablo III Launcher

Tons of changes, some big some small, and IAS is verified to be a 50% nerf. Most interesting to me is the major drop in crafting costs for items lvl 59 and down, however the gem crafting changes won't make much of a difference to folks in the end game as it only applies to gems which naturally drop anywise. Higher end gems are still stupid expensive to make, and thus quite prohibitive.

Edit: and yeah, I only had one IAS item (gloves) which now reports 7% vice 15% and I dropped down to 7.8K DPS from around 8.8K DPS.

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
Man that crafting cost nerf was really needed. It was rather ridiculous the amount of gold you had to pour into leveling blacksmithing or jewel crafting, let alone hoping to get the item with the stats you want. This should help me gear up a few pieces I've wanted to for ages but couldn't afford/kept getting crappy stats.

Xeven

Bah, they nerfed the only think keeping up my DPS. From 13K to 8K, yay for Barbarians. :blarg: Re-roll time I guess. :doh:

Soullessone21

They need to Allow 5-6 player's at once, our group is always leaving 1 or 2 people out and it makes us sad haha.

Finally stopped power leveling my wife last night and went from 55 to 60 in less then 2 hours haha.

Now Blizzard get on adding at least 1 more player per game system haha

sswilson

Staff member
Unfortunately I just had a quick look, and the top 2 -3 items in each type (prior to the special recipies) are lvl 60+ so it's just the mid/high lvl stuff that's now become affordable. That's fine for me in the later parts of hell, and might be OK for the first lvl of inferno, but unless they've nerfed inferno damage (and maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see that in the patch notes) it's not going to make a huge difference for the endgame. It just means you get a chance to roll more attempts at getting a good random mix of stats.

Guess it's time for some crafting material runs so I can start rolling for crit damage and max primary stats stuff.... :)

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm.... my follower is now lvl 13????? All of his equipped items are still locked?

edit: Apparently it's not only followers, lower end chars are having problems because there are no longer any XP points being awarded... nobody is leveling........

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Currently the "fix" for the follower / XP bug is to change your account password. You can change it back after you login if you wish. I guess the lvl 13 is tied to the system thinking it's a starter account and I'm assuming that changing the password forces the system to do an account push which then tells the server that you're a regular account.

My young lad is a mite peeved ATM.... his monk isn't doing all that well in inferno without his IAS buffs (he had somewhere around 50%+).

Arinoth

Staff member
Yeah, I've been hearing crit chance and crit damage multiplier is what people are going for (and what blizzard intended for people to stack) along with main stat.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter