What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

sswilson

Staff member
I'm thinking that some of the (few) stun/freeze/slow on hit modifiers might pick up.... I know I use a stun shout to initiate melee, and have a chance to stun on my weapon as well. Works well enough for me with frenzy on my barb, but then again, I'm still in the last part of hell rather than inferno so the dificulty is completely different.

Doing the sin heart quest from start to finish w/ beating the boss at the end is working out fairly well for me... decent amount of elite/champ/rare and they all seem to be dropping minimum of 1 rare but mostly 2 rare drops.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
Lot's of rares picked up in the sin towers with my barb, all but 2 were complete crap though. Gems cheaper. My companions were at the right level, but the stupid templar did absolutely NOTHING when I fought stinky in the larder with my WD char.

sswilson

Staff member
On the crafting front... rare warlord boots seem to be the best bang for your buck... 4 lvl 60 modifiers but still only requires 10 hell "jars" and 1 blacksmithing tomes.

sswilson

Staff member
Oh my.... is the hate ever on over at the bliz DIII forums... I thought it was bad prior to this patch, now it's completely negative with the only positive comments coming from obvious trolls and/or fanbois.

Is there any kind of reasonbly reputable website which would have information WRT how many people are playing now vrs how many bought the game?

muse108dc

gems are still amazingly expensive. i still had to bite the bullet and upgrade mine a bit but wow do they suck down money. Upgraded my blacksmith, that wasnt too bad, but I havent crafted anything yet due to afore mentioned gems sucking up cash.

in other news i sold a lot of tomes and pages for lots and lots of money. the only one that matters at all is the secret inferno one.

havent actually played much, just up to the skeleton king but no impressive drops and about the same rate as I was getting them before. But I was very disappointed to learn that MF no longer effects chests.

JJThomp

gems are still amazingly expensive. i still had to bite the bullet and upgrade mine a bit but wow do they suck down money. Upgraded my blacksmith, that wasnt too bad, but I havent crafted anything yet due to afore mentioned gems sucking up cash.

in other news i sold a lot of tomes and pages for lots and lots of money. the only one that matters at all is the secret inferno one.

havent actually played much, just up to the skeleton king but no impressive drops and about the same rate as I was getting them before. But I was very disappointed to learn that MF no longer effects chests.
Blizaard never actually changes the drop rates. They just move them around so you feel better about them.

sswilson

Staff member
Oh my.... is the hate ever on over at the bliz DIII forums... I thought it was bad prior to this patch, now it's completely negative with the only positive comments coming from obvious trolls and/or fanbois.

Is there any kind of reasonbly reputable website which would have information WRT how many people are playing now vrs how many bought the game?
Anybody have experience with the website xfire.com? If their stats are reliable it's not a pretty sight.....

Xfire - Diablo III

Folks have also noted that either the reporting feature for the number of active public games has been broken, or post 1.0.3 public games have dropped from around 18K since going live to sub 2K currently. If that's an accurate number, that's not an awful lot of public games considering how many copies of the game they've sold.... some would argue that most players don't use public games, but others would argue that the folks who want a quick anon multiplayer game are the target market for the game in it's current form.

Arinoth

Staff member
Anybody have experience with the website xfire.com? If their stats are reliable it's not a pretty sight.....

Xfire - Diablo III

Folks have also noted that either the reporting feature for the number of active public games has been broken, or post 1.0.3 public games have dropped from around 18K since going live to sub 2K currently. If that's an accurate number, that's not an awful lot of public games considering how many copies of the game they've sold.... some would argue that most players don't use public games, but others would argue that the folks who want a quick anon multiplayer game are the target market for the game in it's current form.
That's for people who are logged into xfire and have the game tied to their account, not very accurate in my mind for total numbers/stats but probably decent for a sample size to show average users then to now.

Latest posts

Twitter