What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

Arinoth

Staff member
Reading through the patch notes it really seems like something that should have been implemented back in 1.0.1 however this patch will get me back to the game (even if its temporary) to test out changes for myself

GregH

No they did but the only characters that really got buffs on skill numbers are demon hunters... WD the bad skills are still too low however they made the cast animations for some skills so you can kite and cast. Monk seven sided strike is ridiculous now along with DH trail of cinders on vault (1500% over 3 seconds is just ridiculous.

WD pets went from "useless unless you geared specifically for them" to absolutely amazing.
WD's mana regeneration was more than doubled, which is HUGE for a class that had trouble maintaining mana.
Also got several nice damage buffs (Spirit Barrage w/Manitou is crazy dmg now)

Barb got some fantastic damage buffs (rend went from one of the worst skills to one of the best), WW got a buff (now double tornado barbs are even more OP)
Several other rage spenders got massive damage buffs - 400% dmg on hammer of the ancients? Yes please!

Another thing to factor in is the huge buff to equipment. Now even 1-hander clvl 59's can get over 1k damage, and those new 2-handers can spawn with 1700+ dmg PLUS 500+ to main stats and 200% crit damage.
Pair one of those suckers up with the increased damage skills and you can get silly damage numbers now.

sswilson

Staff member
hrm.... while playing, or while AFK for a break? I put in a couple of hours and didnt' have any problems.

Arinoth

Staff member
I had a disconnect too, but I think mine has to do with the fact my entire power went out for several hours right after...

JJThomp

WD pets went from "useless unless you geared specifically for them" to absolutely amazing.
WD's mana regeneration was more than doubled, which is HUGE for a class that had trouble maintaining mana.
Also got several nice damage buffs (Spirit Barrage w/Manitou is crazy dmg now)

Barb got some fantastic damage buffs (rend went from one of the worst skills to one of the best), WW got a buff (now double tornado barbs are even more OP)
Several other rage spenders got massive damage buffs - 400% dmg on hammer of the ancients? Yes please!

Another thing to factor in is the huge buff to equipment. Now even 1-hander clvl 59's can get over 1k damage, and those new 2-handers can spawn with 1700+ dmg PLUS 500+ to main stats and 200% crit damage.
Pair one of those suckers up with the increased damage skills and you can get silly damage numbers now.

WW barbs are pretty much still the best way to farm... WDs pets got a lot better but you still need to gear for them otherwise they are useless against elites (which haooens to be the only time you need them). Only tank builds really needed the regen or people stacking ias.

All equipment got buffed but IMHO the gear system is fundamentally flawed and all they did was make it so you found more decent stuff and the same amount of good stuff. Also biggest problem is random rolls on legendaries... they got adjusted but i really dont want dex on my ceremonial knife. Honestly I just disagree with the game philosophy in general. The game tries to keep you playing for the sake of playing and killing time. There really is nothing to progress too and the fact is once you beat normal mode there is nothing lrft in the game you havent seen. Some people enjoy the grind and i dont hate grinding as long as there is something to grind for and grinding so you can beat the same content a little faster is pointless because it is the same content.

You cant even pick and choose parts that you like because in order to be effective you have to run through as much of an.act as possible. They really just made poor design decisions on the game and im not saying no ome should like the game I just dont understand how anyone can.play the amoumt of.time that you need to put into it to be top tier and still be sane.

Jonesy

Monk seven sided strike is ridiculous

While it's damage is pretty high, it is still doesn't hit the bar. SW+Cyclone seemed to still be better for me. I only played a bit with the SSS, but the CD is so long it was doing less dmg. Act 3 inferno testing

Arinoth

Staff member
I may end up changing my monk but I'm currently trying out the changes with my old build (no idea if it's any good still)
Crripling Wave - Concusion
Sweeping Wind - Blade Storm
Breath of Heaven - Circle of Life
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Serenity - Peaceful Repose
Mantra of Healing - Time of Need

Passives:
Chant of Resonance (may change as I dont seem to have a spirit regen issue with the boost to crippling wave), Seize the Initiative, and One with Everything

Jonesy

In Inferno Act 3 (Progression still) I run;

FoT-TC (Highest LoH attack)
SW-Cyclone (needs 20%+ crit chance to be effective)
Serenety - ascension
BoH-BW
BF-SL
Mantra of evasion - Hard Target

Passives being
One with Everything (clearly)
Resolve
Sieze the Initiative

this is sword and bored @ 720 resist all, and 700+ life on hit. For Ghom in A3, I needed to DPS up and dual wield @ 1k LoH to beat the 3min enrage timer. Ran Guardians path instead of resolve

Latest posts