What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

vulcan500rider

The only reason to care for me about this game is I may be able to make some money off it. I did enjoy my previous Blizzard gaming experiences but they didn't really do anything in WOW in terms of making the game more relaxed in terms of time played per week and so quite frankly I don't want to give them my money anymore. I really wish people would see Blizzard and heck many companies out there as they are only after the almighty dollar instead of giving players good gaming experiences in healthy ways.

Yeah, I don't really buy that--not with Blizzard's track record. Now, it could be that you're too young, , or were simply never into Diablo II, or Warcraft III, and only really know blizzard from WoW. While I agree about WoW, in that I've never supported a model of gaming that requires a continual feed of money to use software I had to purchase in the first place (though I suspect those that were more into the game may argue that the effort Blizzard dedicated to WoW required some additional income model), DII and WCIII were WAY ahead of their time in terms of gaming experience.

Regardless of what you think of either game, it was the implementation of Battle.net that was the real amazing step forward. A completely FREE, regularly updated and patched, FULLY SUPPORTED online experience....Did I mention that it was F-R-E-E??? If that doesn't bespeak a company concerned with the gaming experience, I don't know what does. And so far as healthy enjoyment? Like all vices, that has to be up to the consumer. Did I spend some unhealthy amounts of time on both games? Probably. But is that Blizzard's fault? Absolutely not.

Now, as for the future, who knows? DIII may be nothing but a soulless, money-sucking, unsupported POS. However, given Blizzard's previous track record with the series, I'm willing to consider them innocent until proven guilty. And no, I don't consider the need for internet connection a guilty verdict. Given the duping and cheating issues DII had, the need for constant connection is well justified, IMO--though again, I realize some will disagree.

ultraman7k

played a bit of the beta today, kinda disappointed there is no paladin/knight class (i guess aside from barbarian, but I don't want to play a barbarian...) so demon hunter it is.

Seems alright, granted I only played 10 minutes, the UI is alright, and the game play is...well, what you'd expect.

Probably have to play a little deeper to see if I'd buy it though.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
My buddy got a beta invite, and didnt want it. Yay me!

For some background, I loved D2. Mindless clicking everywhere until it all dies. I'm okay with this. Its basically a MUD on steroids. I liked old BBS based MUD's...Sooooooooooooo; I went in with no expectations over D2. And left with nothing gained. Its D2, with new graphics. Sure, there are changes in the quest system, skills, and talents, etc...but at the end of the day its still mindless left and right clicking until your mouse breaks.

I cant wait to buy it and co-op with friends mindlessly left clicking my mouse :clap:

Pabz0r545

:angry2: I hate you!

DAMN! LOL I was just playin SC2 and my friend in ventrilo was like OMG I JUST GOT A KEY!

Check your inboxes and check your bnet accounts. I was just reading the d3 forums and some people are getting keys but not in email.

Latest posts