What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

enaberif

You guys should have been around at the beginning of Age of Conan. I was on their forums and you want to talk about bastardizing a game and making the entire user base feel it was their fault?

Ugh.

I know Blizzard is better than that.

Soultribunal

Staff member
You guys should have been around at the beginning of Age of Conan. I was on their forums and you want to talk about bastardizing a game and making the entire user base feel it was their fault?

Ugh.

I know Blizzard is better than that.

I think I'll have to dig up a lot of old threads I have saved, and emails.

Blizzard is no better.

-ST

Arinoth

Staff member
Well I downloaded and installed the beta, gotta say that I am loving the monk.

My plan is to play a support style monk (heals, and auras) with some dps provided I'm playing with others.

Painbringer71

VODOOO is all I have to say EPIC ~ eat this Zombie here is another you want a bat here you go

Good time ~ Multi palyer is a twist

Omega_Phoenix

Sure their actual game releases are "whenever it's ready", but whenever they do release a product it is well polished with little issues. Those issue that do occur are normally fixed relatively quickly.

Agreed, Diablo 3 is easily not Duke Nukem Forever.

crash01

Gametrailers made the point that Blizzard is one of the few game studios that has the budget to scrap large portions of their game designs to redo them during development. I thought this was interesting - how many other games are out there that the devs would have liked to revamp, but couldn't?

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
A conundrum, what does the Dr. name his witchdoctor, WhichDoctor of course...

OK that was the easiest class by far (of 3 played anyway). Granted I've been investing gold in training my blacksmith and saving up magic weapons to salvage to craft my own since I found that feature existed after finishing the beta with the barbarian, but still, 7h40m to about 2.5h with the WD... And enemies seemed a LOT weaker using the WD, although when swarmed I often ran out of mana - or so it said, the ball looked full - probably a bug.

Omega_Phoenix

how many other games are out there that the devs would have liked to revamp, but couldn't?

Or rather, how many games have we heard of that were in dire need of a revamp and ended up getting scrapped?

Despite delays, I'm glad to see Blizz is acknowledging the errors and bugs and attempting to polish this gem up real nice before it sees the light of day. And hopefully it'll go the route of Diablo 2 - a few patches shortly after release to finalize the issues, and constant upgrades and changes over the years to add more depth to the game. I've already got funds set aside for the first expansion :p

Latest posts