What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

sswilson

Staff member
Seems that me and the fiancee are starting to lose quite a bit of interest in playing this game nightly. Right now I'm finally pushing through ME3

Also:
video-game-memes-the-real-diablo-iii.jpg

Yeah I'm still putting in a bit of time in the hopes that the next patch will address the itemization issues, but it's telling that I spent more time playing civ V last week than I did DIII.

To be fair the same could be said for D2 and until D3 gets PvP the AH has less impact on D3 than people buying items in D2 did.

Sorry, I don't buy that.... I played single player B'Net DII for years without having to buy anything. Quite frankly, the drop quality in DIII is ridiculous.... my current gear is by no means top of the line (probably not sufficient to move into act II inferno) and I'm lucky if I get a single item that's even worth looking at let alone using in 20+ hrs of act 1 inferno farming.

I can live with the great majority of game issues, but for a game with at best 10 hours worth of unique content loot generation and upgrading is the game and ATM that's completely broken unless a person wishes to use one of the AH resources.

Arinoth

Staff member
Sorry, I don't buy that.... I played single player B'Net DII for years without having to buy anything. Quite frankly, the drop quality in DIII is ridiculous.... my current gear is by no means top of the line (probably not sufficient to move into act II inferno) and I'm lucky if I get a single item that's even worth looking at let alone using in 20+ hrs of act 1 inferno farming.

I can live with the great majority of game issues, but for a game with at best 10 hours worth of unique content loot generation and upgrading is the game and ATM that's completely broken unless a person wishes to use one of the AH resources.

There's that and don't forget class specific items never had garbage stats on them like in D3. I don't need a monk helmet with strength or a WD off-hand with Dex.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yeah I'm still putting in a bit of time in the hopes that the next patch will address the itemization issues, but it's telling that I spent more time playing civ V last week than I did DIII.

Yuppers, I have to be honest I have had ZERO desire to play D3 after the first little bit. I can't believe how burned out I got on it, espically after playing grindy games like Minecraft. But its just the scale of gear you need goes up by a factor of 10 once you hit Inferno. I know they wanted to make it hard but I think they have done things wrong a bit.

Oh well, mechwarrior Online is comming. I'm sure that will Eat more of my time, and WOT is back to being interesting too.

-ST

Arinoth

Staff member
Yuppers, I have to be honest I have had ZERO desire to play D3 after the first little bit. I can't believe how burned out I got on it, espically after playing grindy games like Minecraft. But its just the scale of gear you need goes up by a factor of 10 once you hit Inferno. I know they wanted to make it hard but I think they have done things wrong a bit.

Oh well, mechwarrior Online is comming. I'm sure that will Eat more of my time, and WOT is back to being interesting too.

-ST

With TL2 suppose to be launching this month and only 20$ (about 15$ if you 4 pack order) if I get the same amount of time spent as I did on my first D3 character (about 60 hours) it'll be well worth supporting that developer.

sswilson

Staff member
My son spends almost as much time selling unID'd items in the trade channel than he does playing the game, add in the amount of time he spends checking out the AH, and I'm sure he's sitting around 40% - 60% ratio of nongame vrs gameplay. The meme Arinoth displayed is (IMO) bang on.... this is a stock / commodities trading game with a few action parts thrown in. Outside of mind numbing grinding (with little to no payout) there is no way to upgrade your gear without farming gold.

Soultribunal

Staff member
With TL2 suppose to be launching this month and only 20$ (about 15$ if you 4 pack order) if I get the same amount of time spent as I did on my first D3 character (about 60 hours) it'll be well worth supporting that developer.

Already ordered a copy for myself and my Cousin.
Soon as it launches I will be more than happy to devote time to something that will hopefully render more enjoyment.

-ST

thorn

Well I don't recall D2 hell being all that difficult, certainly not compared to inferno. I think you are exaggerating on the farming, every 4 or 5 runs I find something useful for my character. I also find a fair number of items that would be good for other classes that I just put up on the AH.

Maybe some classes are just better for inferno/farming than others. I know inferno can be very difficult with a Barbarian until you get good gear.

I do agree that I probably won't get as much out of D3 as I did D2, but most of that is I simply don't have the time to devote to it as I did 9-10 years ago with D2.

JJThomp

Well I don't recall D2 hell being all that difficult, certainly not compared to inferno. I think you are exaggerating on the farming, every 4 or 5 runs I find something useful for my character. I also find a fair number of items that would be good for other classes that I just put up on the AH.

Maybe some classes are just better for inferno/farming than others. I know inferno can be very difficult with a Barbarian until you get good gear.

I do agree that I probably won't get as much out of D3 as I did D2, but most of that is I simply don't have the time to devote to it as I did 9-10 years ago with D2.

I never found anything useful for my character, found a really nice barb ammy but I quit before they even changed the drop rates. The game is boring, has no unique game content and is just a grind. There is literally no point in playing because it offers nothing but the prospective of grinding more.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
What, people still play this? :biggrin:

I moved on. I might come back in 6 months, if they figure out how to make it fun.

Latest posts