What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

sswilson

Staff member
Forums / Comments Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling Expires: Permanent Ban Reason: Permanently banned from the forums for trolling.

By: sswilson#1523Forum > General Discussion
Thread Title:
STOP banning negative posting people.
Reply #78
Timestamp:
Jul 20, 2012 2:33:02 PM
Unfortunately one person's definition of constructive criticism is another person's spam/troll post. Yesterday they deleted / temp banned several that were obviously deleted just to keep the CEO's thread clean so that he can show it to the board of directors when they meet next.This is the text of mine that was deleted and resulted in a 24 hour ban, quite frankly I don't care if they permaban myself or my account for discussing what I consider to be inappropriate disciplinary action as I'm done with the game, and have already cut/pasted the "offending" post elsewhere for posterities sake. That said, like many others here I wanted to both express my displeasure with the actions of blizzard both on the state of the game for release and on the lack of any real reaction to / recognition of players' complaints/concerns since the release. I also believe that they need to hear from as many players who have quit just in case the message isn't getting through as to why their playerbase is probably down to less than 10% of what it was on release. Forums / Comments Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling Expires: Friday, July 20, 2012 1:17:29 PM PDT (in 17 hours, 4 minutes) Ban Reason: Constructive feedback is always welcome. This is not constructive. Please refrain from future such posts.By: sswilson#1523Forum > General Discussion Thread Title: Message from Mike Morhaime Reply #1060Timestamp: Jul 19, 2012 11:07:05 AMI wonder if their online servers report back when the game has been uninstalled?I wasn't going to play DA II once I discovered that it wasn't available through steam (even though I'd purchased the hard copy), but I guess enough time has passed for the bugs to have been ironed out, and it surely can't stink as much as the broken itemization does in this game.Thanks for the laugh, don't bother emailing me about the expansion pack unless you're giving it out for free. I see nothing in there that's ban worthy. What I see by the ban is an attempt to keep negative press out of the limelight.Please don't concern yourself that I'm going to bother coming back to spam the threads, I just wanted to get this out there for all of the "they're only banning people who are blatently spamming / trolling" naysayers.Enjoy your game.

Heh... permaban now. I suppose it's not like I didn't ask for it. :)

sswilson

Staff member
what the they ban you for posting things? where is this hehe

Well... I'd call the original ban bogus, but it was only 24 hrs... the second one I had coming because I broke TOS completely by posting about previous disciplinary action. That's a fair rule and I'm not surprised I got a permaban.

Things are getting out of hand over there, and even if my posts were civil, and (in my mind) mostly constructive criticism, they were still negative.

Fair enough... and I even broke down to re-install the game now that I don't have BlizzforumII to keep me occupied. :)

Ummmmm... I've never played a ranged character doc, but isn't 100 DPS pretty low for a lvl 41 char? :)

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
Yep, that's just how crappy the loot is in D3 now, my DH is only level 40 and can't even use that bow, probably wouldn't want too given the 1 hand crossbows he has are both better than that. I was gold farming Nightmare with my level 51 Monk and didn't even notice I picked that up until I was salvaging at haedrigs... and what's the point of having your own blacksmith if he can't fix your stuff...

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
Well... I'd call the original ban bogus, but it was only 24 hrs... the second one I had coming because I broke TOS completely by posting about previous disciplinary action. That's a fair rule and I'm not surprised I got a permaban.

Things are getting out of hand over there, and even if my posts were civil, and (in my mind) mostly constructive criticism, they were still negative.

Fair enough... and I even broke down to re-install the game now that I don't have BlizzforumII to keep me occupied. :)

Ummmmm... I've never played a ranged character doc, but isn't 100 DPS pretty low for a lvl 41 char? :)

Yep that's another crappy legendary drop courtesy of the randomized loot system.

I think we may need to hold an intervention for your sometime soon:whistle: