What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Diablo 3

maverick_brent

yea, as you move into inferno, you need to add crit damage and crit chance to your build in order to advance.

my DH is up to 95k DPS (no sharpshooter), 4k armor, and 350 resists, and 30k life. Act 3 now feels like how Act 1 felt a couple weeks ago for me.. LOL

I've shelved all my other characters and have been focused on my DH.

proof please..

thorn

DH is probably the easiest class to have high DPS. Though I think the DPS record goes to a Barb with a little over 1M.

There is a site that you can see all this however I can't remember it at this time. I'll post it later when I find it.

sswilson

Staff member
I've finally gotten to the point where farming act II with minimal dying is becoming a reality. Just recently started hitting the breakpoint for continuous WW on mobs and have enough LoH to stand toe to toe with just about any single foe.

The only PITA currently for me in act II are those bloody sand wasps...... damn hard to catch up to, and they hurt damnit!!!!! ;)

Dwayne

1150 or so.
Do you lack crit chance / damage? That gives a massive boost to damage, as does dex.

Can't access bnet from work, but here's my profile on D3up:
Shyla | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS/EHP Calculator

Unbuffed I'm at 41k, but with foresight & blazing wrath up (they're always up) that jumps to 54.6k.
Frenzy shrines take me close to 70k :ph34r:

I found that crit chance and crit damage are big multipliers.

Nifonk | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS/EHP Calculator

It helps that I was very lucky and had a Barb set helm drop, and sell, that allowed me to buy the Inna's gear. The Natalya's ring was a drop, same for skull grasp, and the fist weapon was a drop too. Not everything comes from the AH... with a little luck! :)

I can run through act 3 pretty easy, but no MF except what I have from P Levels. I do have the Endless Path set, the neck Traveler's Pledge, dropped in act 2, and I bought the Compass Rose ring to make the set. That adds 58% to MF but I lose almost 16k dps switching out the neck and ring!

Luck, some days you have it, some days not so much. Today, nothing. Who knows what tomorrow brings!

Keep swinging!

phoenixrage

proof please..

no prob.. screenshot was taken this morning, this is with the enchantress' buff.

http://phoenixrage.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/screenshot044.jpg

or profile? (i currently have my MF helm on, the 95k is with the legendary helm).

Zero - Community - Diablo III

Yup, they are truly a pain. Probably one of the most annoying mobs in the game.

I hate those things as well, it makes no sense that I can't shoot the small poison bugs they spit at me yet they can physically hit me. I'm glad I got geared enough to skip Act 2.

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
I need to find better items to improve my resist

DrBaldy - Community - Diablo III

I picked up that Diabo today, I did have a fist weapon and a shield but it was taking forever to take down elites (about 4k less DPS). This was an actual drop and not something I had to go buy on the AH

phoenixrage

I need to find better items to improve my resist

DrBaldy - Community - Diablo III

I picked up that Diabo today, I did have a fist weapon and a shield but it was taking forever to take down elites (about 4k less DPS). This was an actual drop and not something I had to go buy on the AH

Monk is the easiest to build up resists. Stack up on a single element resist and use the passive to make it for all your resists. Any gear with the element you pick + all resist is bonus. At the same time, try to build up crit chance and crit damage. When I built my monk, I wanted to stick with dual fist weapons, so I built around those. Once I reached 60, I was able to get 500 resists, 5k armor, 37k health and 20k DPS with less than 400k gold. But since then I've stripped away most of the gems and gave them all to my DH.

sswilson

Staff member
Monk is the easiest to build up resists. Stack up on a single element resist and use the passive to make it for all your resists. Any gear with the element you pick + all resist is bonus. At the same time, try to build up crit chance and crit damage. When I built my monk, I wanted to stick with dual fist weapons, so I built around those. Once I reached 60, I was able to get 500 resists, 5k armor, 37k health and 20k DPS with less than 400k gold. But since then I've stripped away most of the gems and gave them all to my DH.

Some of us still refuse to use the AH / RMAH to purchase gear. :)

I have however broken down and started selling a few items on the AH in order to build up cash for upping gems / crafting weapons.

Currently dual wielding mighty axes I've crafted myself.

Fangriot - Community - Diablo III