What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

did emt failed?

SugarJ

Staff member
It's happened where people have put the wrong email address on the transfer. As long as it hasn't been cashed, you can cancel it and get your money back, at least you can at Scotiabank.

CTA

interesting... what if the email address is not wrong (i asked a couple time and he didnt answer... so assume thats correct email address)

if i cancel then i lost 1.50cdn fee... well its not worth but... bah... :\

btw mine is td bank...

SugarJ

Staff member
You should get an email when the transfer is completed (I do). And if you can't get in contact with the seller, then you'd only lose $1.50 if you cancel the transaction. But I'd send an email explaining what you are doing and why, because if you did that to me I'd tell you to get lost and sell the item to someone else.

But do you really want to buy from someone who doesn't respond to emails?

_dangtx_

Banned
dude you never know

ive heard and personally seen the 'oh, it didnt get to me can you pretty please send it again?' and the guy sends a few times and he gets screwed.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
EMT can sometimes take up to 24 hours to show up.

If the money has actually left your account, it indicated that the "sending" part of the EMT was successful, I would ALWAYS cancel before sending a second EMT.

If the money did not leave the account, then the EMT was not even successfully sent so there is no option for it to have been accepted.

It's not like paypal, where you send the money and 3-4 days later it gets taken from your bank acct.

Latest posts

Twitter