What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Did I just screw up?

Mike_E

Alright well I placed an order for a GTX 275 on the 5th of April, today I got too impatient and ordered the XFX 4890 instead...

Did I just screwed myself up?

System:

E5200 @ 3.5
4GB DDR2 800
GA-EP35-DS3L
TX 650
640GB HDD..

Seriously doubting myself...

sswilson

Staff member
Why would you think that?

Seriously not a hell of a lot of difference between the performance of the two cards unless you're running a huge monitor........

(I'd have gone with the "bird in hand" if I was in the market for a vid card..... :) ).

MpG

I'm thinking you'll have no troubles at all with that card. And you never know, if you have the card for awhile, it's not impossible that DX10.1/11 might mean something in the future.

Sagath

Staff member
Alright well I placed an order for a GTX 275 on the 5th of April, today I got too impatient and ordered the XFX 4890 instead...

Did I just screwed myself up?

System:

E5200 @ 3.5
4GB DDR2 800
GA-EP35-DS3L
TX 650
640GB HDD..

Seriously doubting myself...
Hell no, as wilson said; They are more or less the same. "Bird in hand" applies.

The only time this would differ is if you're going to fold with it. Then the nVidia is better. Other then this, the ATi is cheaper, and preforms the same.

sswilson

Staff member
Actually the 275 outperforms the 4890 in most tests. Check out the review here on HWC.
Yes it does, but all but one of the tests at that resolution are within 3 FPS, and most are within 2. That's not going to make much of a difference to anybody's game play.

Latest posts

Twitter