What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Did not receive my IC-7 diamond thermal compound

Fudd Rucker

Yes they do have a tracking system, but I think most would agree in saying, if you took a blind man, a map and a few pin.... that is about the Canada Post equivalent of tracking.

And thats being generous lol.

impruv

I ordered some IC7 2 nights ago so hopefully it comes soon! It was shipped like 30 minutes after I ordered it but we'll see when it actually arrives :bleh:

impruv

It depends what you want to do. To the overclockers that want to push the system as much as possible, probably because every degree colder counts. On the other hand, for normal use or even slight overclocks I don't think it's necessary at all.
is the ic-7 worth buying?

RONEDOGG

i use as5 now i run at 4.0 ghz roughly and idle temps are about mid 30s to low 40s. all water cooled.
would i loose some heat with this stuff. hmmm. might have to give it a try

impruv

*from reports* ... It's like 3-4 degrees cooler than as5 ... but to each there own :ph34r:

i use as5 now i run at 4.0 ghz roughly and idle temps are about mid 30s to low 40s. all water cooled.
would i loose some heat with this stuff. hmmm. might have to give it a try

CroSsFiRe2009

I actually didn't notice much difference between IC7 and OCZ Freeze, remounting a few times didn't show any difference between the two either, the difference between the two was usually ~1 to 2C

impruv

blah, from that quick 30min turnaround shipping I still haven't received it yet =(
TiK ToK =)

crazyhorsejohnny

I actually didn't notice much difference between IC7 and OCZ Freeze, remounting a few times didn't show any difference between the two either, the difference between the two was usually ~1 to 2C

Same here. The Noctua paste that comes with their coolers was comparable too.