What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Did not receive my IC-7 diamond thermal compound

Zero82z

Banned
I actually didn't notice much difference between IC7 and OCZ Freeze, remounting a few times didn't show any difference between the two either, the difference between the two was usually ~1 to 2C
You're not going to see any major temperature differences between any of the higher-end varieties of thermal paste.

impruv

What do you think the difference would be between Cooler Master's TIM and this one?

impruv

Hmm, based on most reviews... adding a 2nd fan for a push/pull to the 212+ reduces temps by around 4. I'll be generous and say i'll get 2 degree reduction.
As well, based on what I have gathered by the IC7, again I'll be generous and say I'll get a 2 degree reduction.
I'm running 27-28 degree idle and if you take the -4 reduction I'll get by these updates, my cpu will be running exactly at room temperature or 1 degree below it... that doesn't sound realistic lol.

Zero82z

Banned
Hmm, based on most reviews... adding a 2nd fan for a push/pull to the 212+ reduces temps by around 4. I'll be generous and say i'll get 2 degree reduction.
As well, based on what I have gathered by the IC7, again I'll be generous and say I'll get a 2 degree reduction.
I'm running 27-28 degree idle and if you take the -4 reduction I'll get by these updates, my cpu will be running exactly at room temperature or 1 degree below it... that doesn't sound realistic lol.
Whatever idle temperature readings you're getting are almost certainly inaccurate. Also, ambient temperature is basically an asymptote for the temperature of anything within that area, so although you can get close to it, you will never reach it without some form of sub-ambient cooling.

impruv

Whatever idle temperature readings you're getting are almost certainly inaccurate. Also, ambient temperature is basically an asymptote for the temperature of anything within that area, so although you can get close to it, you will never reach it without some form of sub-ambient cooling.

Haha, yea that's what I though :( . Would of been cool though haha.

foggyb

Would the IC-7 be good for GPU as well as CPU cooling?

Or does the GPU need a different type of paste?

zsamz_

Would the IC-7 be good for GPU as well as CPU cooling?

Or does the GPU need a different type of paste?

good for both
but i stopped usin it cause it takes out markings on cpu = bye bye warranty
i might as well lap it :whistle:

Asad_A203

You're not going to see any major temperature differences between any of the higher-end varieties of thermal paste.

I have a bunch of the Noctua paste, so you don't think I will benefit from IC7? Does the Noctua TIM also remove CPU marking? I was considering to place this on my GPU in attempt to drop 1-2C and was considering this or just using my Noctua TIM.