What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Different clock speeds on E6420?

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not sure.

They showed up on MB earlier this week with a "takes 2 or 3 days to order".

They've got them listed @ $299, while tigerdirect has them @ $239.

I've got feelers out for my current cpu/mobo/mem... if I can get $350 for the lot I might get a 6420 for my birthday and then between the money for my hardware plus a couple of pays worth of allowance I can swing the mobo+mem.

sswilson

Staff member
Ooops.......

That was the US site......

TD canada has them priced well over $300......

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
I would probably get a 6400 as they're going to be pretty cheap now that the new line is out -and probably just as fast as the 6420s- I'm interested to see what kind of overclocking people get out of these 6320s, 6420s

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
what kind of applications would you notice the biggest differences in with the extra 2MB? Is it noticable? I'm wondering because I talked briefly about it in my review-- I said that there isn't much performance difference, so if I'm off on that, I'll change my wording.

Eldonko

4mb is a must for benching, effects PI, 3d, AM3, everything. Day to day stuff though, difference is probably only noticeable when measuring FPS not to the eye, 10-15% gains in games when looking at FPS, pretty decent.

Last edited:

Twitter