What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

DIR-655

Musabi

Alright, I am having some trouble with my new router. This DIR-655 is being pretty much a dick when it has wireless enabled, causing web pages to take minutes to load when they should be taking seconds. I turn off wireless, and voila, no problems! Clearly it is my ass roomate downloading like a moron.

Is there a way to throttle wireless usage in its firmware? Or is there a way in DD-WRT? I almost want to give like, opposite QoS to uTorrent!

Musabi

Figured out it wasnt the torrents, it was just the DIR-655 sucking. Time for asus I suppose...

Garu

Did you try to upgrade its firmware to the latest version?
Mine was constantly dropping connections every 3 to 4 days. After I upgraded the firmware it's gotten much better.

Musabi

Hrm maybe I should do that before I bring it back... Over at NCIX I have heard horror stories of it making the router unusable with new firmware, but since this one is already I might as well try!

Latest posts