What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Display cuts off after few minutes of use

0case

Spec:

ryzen 5 3600
gigabyte b550 gaming x
gigabyte rtx 2070 super
gigabyte 256gb nvme ssd
gigabyte 650w psu
kingston hyperx 2x16gb 3200mhz
coolermaster ML240
wd 1tb 7200

Issue:
After few minutes after switching on, the display is cut off.
GPU, Cooler, Case fans are spinning fine, power btn led is on, all led's are on, no parts heating, no beeping.
After display goes dark, OS is not running, checked by trying to ssh & telnet after display goes off and it does not works.
Tried re-assembly, jumped reset cmos, re-isntalled OS, removed ssd and only used hdd.
Happening across any os - windows/ubuntu.

No overclocks. Bios settings set to stock, also tried setting pcie x16 to gen3, gen4 & auto, it does not solves.
ssh ofcourse works when monitor is on 😅. Tried another monitor and it's the same.

Btw i've tested with 2 different LG 27uk650 monitors.

What could be the issue - faulty mobo/gpu/psu?

0case

What does windows event viewer show?

Nothing out of ordinary & when the display goes off it's not possible to see event viewer, I could confirm that OS is not accessible when display goes off using telnet at the moment.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
If windows event viewer isnt showing anything, and based on the fact you're saying it does this in Linux too, I dont think its a driver issue.

GPU is likely fine since you cant access the machine while its 'blanked' too. Likely hardware failure, suspecting mobo or psu.

0case

If windows event viewer isnt showing anything, and based on the fact you're saying it does this in Linux too, I dont think its a driver issue.

GPU is likely fine since you cant access the machine while its 'blanked' too. Likely hardware failure, suspecting mobo or psu.
I'm suspecting the same. thanks for your response 🙏