What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Do you prefer Windows or Mac OS for daily use?

liamdaniel324

Which OS do you prefer for your laptops or PC's for general day to day task not talking about editing stuff. I personally prefer Windows over everything. Maybe because of the ease it has to download and use softwares or maybe we have been using it since windows 98.

What are your thoughts?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
both are more than enough. MacOS used to be so contained that it was purpose driven and not good for all around day to day use...that's no more and Windows or MacOS can do everything that 99% of users want or need. so now it's just a preference thing. I don't mind either but you can see how Steve Jobs drove the software interface to be the exact opposite of Windows just to be different, LoL!

Izerous

Folding Team
Not accounting for hardware as I'm still in the camp of Apple products may be "pretty" but are still seriously overpriced...

Windows > Linux (Probably Ubuntu) > MacOS would be my choice for home use. Brew has atleast taken some of the pain out of MacOS but there are still a lot of pain points in the OS that annoy me daily.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Not accounting for hardware as I'm still in the camp of Apple products may be "pretty" but are still seriously overpriced...

Windows > Linux (Probably Ubuntu) > MacOS would be my choice for home use. Brew has atleast taken some of the pain out of MacOS but there are still a lot of pain points in the OS that annoy me daily.
yeah...the Apple Tax is quite severe...and usually being a gen or two behind in the latest hardware platforms Windows / Linux PC's are using is quite a draw back as well.

gingerbee

Windows period. I have used Mac and Linux over the years but have always found it way simple/easier to get done what I need to be done with windows and nothing against apple fans but I hate crapply products it all went downhill after iPhone 4 and jobs death. IMHO
(T2 chip says it all. check out Louise Rossmann for the quality products they build)

as for ubuntu or puppy, I like them myself but trying to get anyone in the house to use them is not the easiest thing to do lol since they all grew up using windows

Lysrin

Windows is my daily driver at home but I use both Window and several Linux distros at work. Windows stays my main at home because it's still the most widely supported for gaming on PC. My home PC does that as much as my schedule allows! ;)

Nothing against Apple, and they make a decent product, but I too think they are overpriced for what you get. Also the UI design and attention to detail has seemed to decline over the years. Windows isn't always great with error messages and the like, but I've had to troubleshoot some things on Macs where the messages were at best vague and at worst completely pointing you in the wrong direction.

And iTunes... I hate iTunes...

Shadowmeph

if I could run every thing including all my games smoothly which I dop play mostly on a daily bases for an hour or less I would prefer Linux distro but since I cannot I use windows I never cared for mac or Apple products because they charge for pretty much every single thing and are way over the top when it comes to pricing

Latest posts