What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Does 144Hz still have tearing?

Houdini

Not an option. As soon as you enable v-sync it locks the fps frame selector out and it can't be adjusted.

I noticed I wasn't fragging people as easily after playing with it with v-sync on vs off. Bullets that appear to make contact weren't. Losing 1 on 1 more often.

It's bad enough the controller players get aim assist. As soon as I disabled the v-sync the fps counter jumped back up and the fps adjuster wasn't greyed out any longer.
I see wow well it would still be locked to 144 then correct? And what you described with bullets not making contact that’s with v sync on or off?

clshades

I see wow well it would still be locked to 144 then correct? And what you described with bullets not making contact that’s with v sync on or off?
Bullets not tracking correctly with v-sync on. I turned it on the video card settings and it works properly. For what ever reason the COD software locks it out at 60fps with v-sync enabled in game menu.

sswilson

Staff member
Bullets not tracking correctly with v-sync on. I turned it on the video card settings and it works properly. For what ever reason the COD software locks it out at 60fps with v-sync enabled in game menu.

Isn't the V-Sync spec specifically 60hz (no more no less)?

I thought removing the "fixed" refresh rate of the initial tech was the whole idea behind adaptive-sync.

clshades

Isn't the V-Sync spec specifically 60hz (no more no less)?

I thought removing the "fixed" refresh rate of the initial tech was the whole idea behind adaptive-sync.
I'm not entirely sure anymore man. My monitor is pretty long in the tooth techwise. It's a 144 monitor that's supposed to sync. V-sync is supposed to remove screen tearing and if the card can handle the game at 144fps it should vsync yes?
At least that was my understanding.

Houdini

yea that's crazy. so when you used the system v-sync what were you seeing 144 fps or was it still capped at 60?

lowfat

Staff member
VSync should be whatever the monitors refresh rate is set to. Some games do have a way to limit this to 60Hz or whatever. Some games its a hard limit that can't be disabled.

Disable any in game limits and disable Vsync. You can use 'Fast Sync' in Nvidia control panel. Or some people claim that Rivatuners scanline sync is the best way to go now. But for me it cause the worst tearing by a long shot. I just use Fast Sync.

clshades

scratch all that... the game locked me out again at 60fps even if i set it hardware mode with the nvidia software... it's a joke really. A cross platform game that allows joy stick users to use aim assist and the only real advantage I can get is better synced fps which is blocked.

Houdini

it wasn't capped. Gonna need to upgrade the card to see 144 sadly. It varies from map to map.
that's crazy cause if you already have a 144hz monitor I would think the game should recognize that and cap your frames at that, not 60. That's weird.

Latest posts