What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Does no one fold anymore?

Soultribunal

Staff member
A long while ago , when life was okay, I had 3 Rigs with combinations of GX2's and 260's/275's going nuts folding.
But, Hydro has gone up, and life has made me cut costs drastically. I just cannot do it anymore. Which sucks because for the longest time I was in the top 10 for HWC. It felt good to be part of the team like that.

-ST

SwingOP3

I did manage to keep 3 Maxwells running through the summer (it wasn't too hot) and, yes, the forums seem to be full of crickets.

I think that now with FAH being basically a one trick pony (gpu's) the sense of community has been somewhat lost as the diversity just isn't there to allow the discussion that there once was. The FAH client is pretty close to a plug and play setup where there isn't as much of a need to seek tips and tricks like yesteryear. I was new to the game with Version 6 and it was very exciting and kind of a thrill to get my admittedly weak rig to fold and tricking the client to think I had 8 cores for BigAdv. There is no doubt that the "other forum" has done it's fair share to discourage many a longtime user.

I'll continue to fold away until my GTX 980 and 2 GTX 970's are no longer viable or not in my machines but I'm not sure purchasing hardware solely to fold will be in my future.

MacHudde

Hi all, I just started folding for HWC. I lost my mother back in 2008 to lung cancer so being able to contribute to cancer research means a lot to me. In my rig I am running two GTX 970s and my Core i7-4770K.

I am curious how does one get that folding icon beside their name.

I fold under the name MacHudde.

akira749

I fold for another team. However core 21 WU's make me want to quit. They lag my rig out hardcore to the point where I can't browse or watch simple videos at the same time.
Tell me about it :(

Those damn Core21 are stupid.

And to answer the OP question, I'm still folding 24/7 for the HWC team with 3 rigs :thumb:

SwingOP3

:haha::haha:
Tell me about it :(

Those damn Core21 are stupid.

And to answer the OP question, I'm still folding 24/7 for the HWC team with 3 rigs :thumb:
Yes you very much are! Could you maybe slow it down a bit so could catch you, please?! :haha: :haha:

b1lk1

Some of us got tired of being talked down to by the staff over at their forums. ;)

I've been considering flashing it back up though.
:whistle:

If you ask me, the biggest problem with distributed computing is awarding points and making it a contest. I bet that more people stop than continue because they end up on a team that does not score well.

Latest posts

Twitter