What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Does no one fold anymore?

MARSTG

Any of you guys having a powerful Maxwell GPU want to get rid of one? And how is a titan doing these days at Fah? I saw one on kijiji and was thinking F@h again.

Waiting for my GTX 980 Ti!

Last edited:

MARSTG

3% in and quiet as a mouse. Reference type GTX 980 Ti by Zotac. Seems to have stabilized at around 320k for this WU. Can do anything else while folding. Seems serious muscle power.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 102

geokilla

3% in and quiet as a mouse. Reference type GTX 980 Ti by Zotac. Seems to have stabilized at around 320k for this WU. Can do anything else while folding. Seems serious muscle power.
No CPU folding?

When I fold on my AMD 7950, I can't play games even as simple as Hearthstone. Otherwise it'll crash :blarg:

MARSTG

Just out of curiosity I added the -beta flag and I got a Core 21 WU, the 10495, and the PPD projection jumped to 430k PPD. I read on Fah forums (by 7im) that Core 21 WUs are going better with drivers newer than 350. I am using 358.91.

Attachments

• core21.jpg
    core21.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 90

lowfat

Staff member
I HATE Core 21. I got one yesterday for the first time since I quit using a beta flag a month or so ago. Had to pause the work unit until I went to bed as it makes the system completely unusable. If I continue to get them I'll quit folding all together.

MARSTG

My system was still fully usable for movies and browsing. Do you have Nvidia Maxwell cards?

MARSTG

That is more on my liking, a bit of overclock. I think I might need a new case, with lots of airflow!

Attachments

• core21_1.jpg
    core21_1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 80

MARSTG

I installed the latest whql driver. Seems a bit faster processing. No change in system responsiveness, i mean is still fluid. No folding on the cpu. Maybe you should upgrade to 980Ti.

Latest posts