What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Driver stopped responding win 10

Shadowarez

Folding Team
So been playing around with this 980ti evga sc recently it's been getting driver stopped responding during a few mins to a half hour of The game Tera.

I can log in no prob get to a dungeon within minutes to a half hour screen stalls I can sometimes ctrl +alt +Del to get to task manager to click on a now white screen.

When this happens persicion x says my gpu clock is at 598mhz and fps feels like 1-10 fps compared to what it started as.

Iv googled issue from what iv seen ppl saying once these start just rma the card. Is it just shtty nvidia coding in win 10 or is the card on its way out being less then 30 days old? To answer any questions yes I used ddu to wipe drivers out in safe mode install latest available drivers.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Temps during load got to 70c have fan set to 80% still Damn quiet. Thinking I should try win 8.1 see if issue is still there.

Think that'll be my next course of action just to rule out shtty drivers immature Os issues.

Lysrin

Not sure if you have signs of a bad card but have you tried setting to Performance in the Power setting in the NVIDIA control panel? I used to have a similar issue and changing this setting fixed it for me on 980 Classified. Also I ditched NVIDIA Experience. I liked the idea but it started to cause me issues.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah iv tweaked all power option settings made sure nvidia control is set to max performance not adaptive. Reset card to default and only change from default was Inc fan speed.

'47 Knucklehead

I get the same issue in the game Rift using an EVGA GTX 980 SC (which isn't OC'd at all) running Windows 10. When I eject my SSD and put in my Windows 7 SSD, and run the same game, same card, same driver, but different OS, I have no issues what so ever.

So I suspect Windows 10 immaturity.

KaptCrunch

I get the same issue in the game Rift using an EVGA GTX 980 SC (which isn't OC'd at all) running Windows 10. When I eject my SSD and put in my Windows 7 SSD, and run the same game, same card, same driver, but different OS, I have no issues what so ever.

So I suspect Windows 10 immaturity.

maybe it's a pirated game an windows say no go

Windows 10 Updates To Disable Pirated Software?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah this is why i wish vms actually used the card built in comp notthe savage s3 or whatever so i could test these things, it happens in tera almost like clockwork, i grabbed the latest drivers for my rive 4 BE win 10 drivers all updated cept the asmedia soon as i install them i no longer get sound from my usb head set,

Shadowarez

Folding Team
its a steam game lol 55 gb Tera mmo, crysis like graphics,built in fp2 with nice items. interestin game but bought a paid for from steam.

sswilson

Staff member
Just a thought, but are you running with a DSR Resolution? If so, try disabling DSR to see if it makes the issue go away.

I don't have a reference for it, but I seem to remember some folks reporting that their factory OC'd cards sometimes needed to be downclocked a bit when using DSR resolutions.

JD

Staff member
I've found any "NVIDIA GameWorks" settings can cause this to happen. I know in Far Cry 4 I had to stop using TXAA I believe, otherwise the driver would crash after about an hour of gameplay.

Latest posts