What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Drop finally getting Sennheiser HD8XX

mGz

A year too late in my case but if anyone is interested: https://drop.com/buy/drop-sennheiser-hd-8xx-headphones/talk?&referer=XL4A98&mode=guest_open#login

Announcing the DROP + Sennheiser HD 8XX. This headphone is the result of hundreds of thousands of community posts and four years of collaboration between the teams at DROP and Sennheiser. Analyzing discussions around the HD 800S, we saw clear mandates from the community around bass extension and midrange balance. The HD 8XX incorporates two novel changes to accommodate those mandates. Where the HD 800S uses a single resonator in front of the driver, Sennheiser created a new resonator system for the HD 8XX, enabling bass extension down to 10hz (+5db @ 10hz vs 800 S) by changing the resonant properties of the housing. Sennheiser’s team, lead by Jermo Koehnke, reached the bass solution pretty quickly, but our goals for the midrange proved demanding... bordering impossible. After significant research, Sennheiser reached a solution; altered acoustic impedance in the transducer's dampening material to smooth the FR from 2.5k to 8k. This means the transducer in the HD 8XX is unique, it’s a new ring driver. Launch pricing for the HD 8XX is $1100 and you’ll receive $200 worth of drop points (20,000 points) with purchase. For future units, HD 8XX pricing will increase to $1200+. This is a pre-order, so you can cancel any time between now and shipping, and this product qualifies for Drop Studio 30 day satisfaction returns, so if you don’t like the sound in November, you can send it back for a full refund. Note: Replies to this post are for product questions, not VAT and logistics.

Bond007

For anyone demanding the best in their headphones (and have the funds available) I suspect this will be amazing.

Well outside what I can justify for cost though.