What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

dual 6 core Xeons

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
With 24 threads, you've got to go Linux here for the best ppd with Bigadv WUs and the QRB...

grinder

With 24 threads, you've got to go Linux here for the best ppd with Bigadv WUs and the QRB...
I was wondering that... I figured windows SMP would be the way to go. Pure NIX? Or nix on a VM/VM(s). I assume they have distro's made just for folding no?

No SR-2 BTW

MARSTG

let's see what these bad boys can do
some units under Windows SMP will produce 116 k PPD @ 3.0 GHz but most of the time you will get 60 k PPD. For comparison, my GTS 450 is getting 40k PPD on the 8057WU!

Tim_H

Nice, I'd say go with linux as well. Ubuntu works well either in a vm or native

MARSTG

going Linux is nice for [email protected] but you loose all the functionality Windows offers. Me I wanted to keep my dual Xeon setup for an every day machine but if you can spare it and want max PPD you need to go native Linux install. I would suggest Ubuntu 10 or 11 versions, and choose to install [email protected] on the method with the terminal, that is what worked best for me.

Latest posts

Twitter