What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dual Quadros not in SLi on workstation

r0k0

Folding Team
Hey guys, i have a workstation that used to have a Quadro 6000, i replaced it with a K4000 from my other workstation which houses a GTX 1060 6GB now.

so my Z800 now has the K4000 in it since its more recent, makes WU in [email protected] a bit faster than the 6000 and uses less power. i also have a Quadro 4000, more recent than the 6000 and uses less power also, now i put both in my Z800 but its doesnt show up in gpu-z or anythingm only the K4000.

now my question after all that babling, how can i get my 4000 to read in windows and have both gpu folding ? yes it works i tried it by itself and runs fine.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
I've been out of the loop for quite some time, but in the old days you could run FAH on multiple cards but only on cards that were either connected to a monitor or had a special "blanking" plug.

lowfat

Staff member
I've been out of the loop for quite some time, but in the old days you could run FAH on multiple cards but only on cards that were either connected to a monitor or had a special "blanking" plug.
Man, that was a LONG time ago. You just need to add a slot for the 2nd card now fore like the last 7-8 years.

Do both cards show up in Device Manager?

r0k0

Folding Team
Man, that was a LONG time ago. You just need to add a slot for the 2nd card now fore like the last 7-8 years.

Do both cards show up in Device Manager?
not that's the wierd part it doesnt, i'll reinstall it back in the pc and reboot then recheck again see if it boots up, i know my other setup with my i7 2600k and 7990 sees boths gpus in force crossfire, but i couldnt see the Quadro 4000.. i know its a sucky gpu but for now until i receive my dongle for the 8pin for the 1070ti, it will have to do