What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dual router issues

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Not sure if anyone els's isp uses those Arris digital cable boxes that have the built in router but I'm having issues hosting my ark server behind one plus my asus router. I have ports all setup on my asus as needed.

but the arris router won't work I can set port triggers on it but virtual servers won't work as the server isn't attached physically to it.

Iv tried DMZ to open it up no go I my friends can see the server for awhile then it goes to not responding or isn't listed until I shutdown Sever then start it for them.

When it delists itself I can still connect no problem but anyone else can't. It's listed as offline on ark servers.net even if it's a fresh start.

Anyone have any experience with those?

sswilson

Staff member
Is this cable or fibre? I know Arinoth had a devil of a time trying to get the Bell Actiontek R3000 to play nice.

Sounds like it's an TV over IP setup like the bell fibeop which would explain why you can't just put it into bridge mode.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I seen a video on how to do that would that mess up the other receivers on network that use it for cable. And which router should I disable dhcp on. As the one internal is Junk compaired to my asus router.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
shouldi connect my asus router to the cable modem physically? iv found a few guides, one disables the dhcp on the arris router, if that happens can i usee my asus router to send the signal to other recievers on the network? the model number is MG5225G, i set ipsec passthrough.

Latest posts