What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Duel Xeon Quad core Server Cheap.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Ill have to ask seller to be sure. Coulda swore I seen it had a 4 port perc raid card Inc. If it gets to be above $500 ill just have to sighn this off as too pricey if I were in states itd cost like $30-45 shipping lol.

MARSTG

that is gonna be 350$ on some very noisy hardware, as the cpus are passively cooled so the fans will spin at very high speed RPM, not to mention import charges. For the same money I would advise you get yourself a new LGA 1150 platform, maybe with a Pentium CPU and add an extra used raid controller, and you will have a new and quiet platform. Server hardware is fun, but often requires a lot of work to adapt it to a home environment.

lowfat

Staff member
CPU DOES matter if you start to team and setup drive caching.

If there is any drive size limitations just walk away dont even look at buying.

Samba / SMB is single threaded. It benefits from a faster clock speed to a degree. Adding more cores won't do anything.

Teaming also has little affect on performance in a home network unless you are running many users/systems doing concurrent transfers. SMB3.0 is where it is at these days.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah was my plan to change out fans I could toss some newer noctus in there on the heatsinks. I can wait for the pentium DC then.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Cant be that slow though. And this would be more modding project id replace fans and put few 80's on heatsinks to keep cool.

Latest posts