What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dvi to Hdmi adapter?

cdn_Madrach

My hd2400 pro is supposed to support hdmi yet it only has a dvi connector. I called the company (Power Color) and was told I need a dvi to hdmi adapter. Easy enough...except I can't seem to locate such an adapter. Any suggestions?:help:

cdn_Madrach

That's it Charlie...thanks for the quick reponse.:thumb: I actually found it at Ncix then looked a little deeper and found one cheaper and in stock:biggrin: You would think it would come with the card. :blarg: I would of paid the extra $10 lol.

JD

Staff member
I'd be careful in buying that...
Note: "This as a replacement to lost or damaged adapters ONLY. It can not be sold separately. This adapter will not enable HDMI through the DVI output of any Radeon™ HD 2000 series board; it will only work if your product was originally shipped with a DVI-HDMI adapter."
If that's true, then it's just a waste of money. I think manufacturers have the choice of including HDMI or not. If they choose not to, then you don't get an adapter and apparently buying one won't enable it either.

Might want to look into it a bit more...

cdn_Madrach

I'd be careful in buying that...
If that's true, then it's just a waste of money. I think manufacturers have the choice of including HDMI or not. If they choose not to, then you don't get an adapter and apparently buying one won't enable it either.

Might want to look into it a bit more...

Thanks jdrom sent a support ticket in for order to find out more.:thumb:

Cheator

They sell them at a few places actually. Zellers, Home Depot, etc. I think it should work though. Check out ebay as well

JD

Staff member
They sell them at a few places actually. Zellers, Home Depot, etc. I think it should work though. Check out ebay as well

Those are without sound. The ATI cards have DVI-HDMI connectors that support audio. Not sure what the OP wants though. If you just need video from it, any typical DVI-HDMI cable will do and those are available all over.

The ATI adapter gets audio though the DVI port too and bridges it into the HDMI connector so I'd imagine it's slightly different.

Latest posts