What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dying 790i...

Nuggits

My cousin's EVGA 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM motherboard is kicking the bucket.

What's happening is, when we powered the motherboard on, it would flash the "F1" error code, however, we ruled out any possible hardware conflicts (used only 1 stick of known good RAM, we used a known good CPU/graphics card, etc, with a known good PSU, etc.)

Anyways, the board is dead. The reason for this post is because I'm going to miss it :'(

Some people might not care, or understand, but, I'm going to miss that board. It lived a short (and stressful) life, and it only really complained once before.

It will be sorely missed.

enaberif

My cousin's EVGA 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM motherboard is kicking the bucket.

What's happening is, when we powered the motherboard on, it would flash the "F1" error code, however, we ruled out any possible hardware conflicts (used only 1 stick of known good RAM, we used a known good CPU/graphics card, etc, with a known good PSU, etc.)

Anyways, the board is dead. The reason for this post is because I'm going to miss it :'(

Some people might not care, or understand, but, I'm going to miss that board. It lived a short (and stressful) life, and it only really complained once before.

It will be sorely missed.
Am I surprised? Nope.

nvidia boards are full of fail.

rjbarker

Am I surprised? Nope.

nvidia boards are full of fail.
Enaberif....You'll be the first to know.....I'll PM you when my 780i finally packs it in....:shok:

Just tell me "I told you so" via PM....:whistle:

....Another one bites the dust!

JMCD

I actually thought the 790s were more reliable than any of the previous nvidia boards.

Nuggits

I actually thought the 790s were more reliable than any of the previous nvidia boards.
They probably are. For the most part, the board was stable until now.

The board was reporting extreme temperatures for the north bridge, so this whole board might've just had an engineering defect.

He submitted an RMA, so, he'll be back in commission with a new one.

Latest posts

Twitter