What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

E-atx mid tower cases?

chewbroccoli

My wife and I are moving to Montreal in september and I'm looking to shrink the size of my computer so it won't take up quite as much room in my car for the drive. I currently have an antec 1200. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do something much smaller without a lot of customizing though. Inside it's got:

Asus Rampage II
GTX 280
3x 500gb hdd (RAID 5)
1x 500gb hdd boot
PC power and cooling 1kw (massive PSU I think it's like 9 inches long)
current CPU cooler is a scythe mugen 2

I also have been planning on watercooling for a long time and have all the parts for a cpu/gpu loop with a triple and dual rad. I have it figured out to fit all internally in the antec but I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing with it for the move. putting it all together for less then a month then draining it for the move seems silly to me right now.

I was looking at something like the corsair 600T but when I looked on the memory express website it's dimensions are actually bigger than the antec!

any advice?

ilya

I wouldn't bother, you might find a shorter case but it's going to be just as deep/wide or deeper/wider. Mostly due to the fact that most designs that can hold such a large motherboard don't skimp on drive bay/rad space.

You could try and find a Cubitek case, although availability in Canada is going to be extremely limited.

Silvgearx

Last edited:

Latest posts